Need Landing Page Review for Tour Operator Landing Page

• 4 April 2019
  • 2 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
Struggling to get users to initiate a Call to Action. Since we are offering a Sweepstakes with a discount code I made the landing page with (3) steps. I know that normally on a landing page you want 1 Call to Action. The idea was to entice customers to choose our company with a sweepstakes / discount code before they book a shore tour. However, we are not getting enough people to signup for the sweepstakes or book a tour. One idea was to showcase the most popular tours and let people “discover” the sweepstakes / discount code through the chatbot pop-up message that appears.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Ads - CTR of 8% up to 22% on the campaigns. So we are getting a good percentage of users to click the ads and arrive on the landing page.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Wan them to signup for the sweepstakes and then book a tour

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. https://discover-estonia.com/best-tallinn-shore-excursion-experience/

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Brian_Schweitzer!

The link you shared is looking more like a webpage vs a landing page! Have you considered making a dedicated landing pages for your ads? I would highly suggest it.

Right now your page is a little too distracting. Here are a few tips to help you get started:

• Pick one CTA. What do your ads say? There should be a message match between the ad and the landing page. Do you have data on which CTA users are currently clicking on most? I would start with that one. Perhaps you showcase the promo and then give them the option to purchase after they have entered.
  • When I clicked on “Enter the Sweepstakes” it took me off the page to a facebook message app page? That was an odd UX. Perhaps just use a form on the page asking for name and email and then email them the promo.
  • Remove all the main navigation. This is a distraction for the user and gives them ways to leave the page without converting. You can still have more information on the page.
  • The chat box is covering two of your CTAs. I would suggest moving the box to the left of the page or not have it fully open until a user clicks on a small chat icon at the bottom.

I think there could be some additional improvements but that should give you a good starting point. I also urge you to test all of this.

If you want to get started on Unbounce - click here and there will be a bonus for you!

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Caroline. I will look at implementing some of your recommendations! :)🙂