Naming Sections, Boxes, alt tags, etc... Important?

Naming Sections, Boxes, alt tags, etc… Important?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It depends on a number of factors. Will naming the sections/boxes/etc. prevent your pages from working? No, certainly not. But if you have very complex pages, they are helpful for keeping track of different elements.

From a search engine optimization (SEO) perspective, using Alt tags are always a good idea, but keep in mind, Unbounce pages are not build primarily for SEO purposes. If SEO is your primary goal, I would recommend using standard WordPress pages with the proper SEO plugins (Yoast or The SEO Framework are both good depending on who you ask).

So, if you’re OCD like me, then naming your elements is a good idea, but it won’t get you more conversions at the end of the day. Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Fantastic points, Nicholas.

Also Steve, keep in mind that LP’s are primarily used for targeted campaigns with a direct traffic source. If you start getting SEO leads trickling in, it’ll be more difficult to optimize your conversion rates because the traffic could be unqualified; therefore skewing your results.