Multi-step forms

We are attempting to build a simple, multiple stage form – in order to collect qualified demographics on our leads without being invasive. I would like to collect, upfront, the basics – email, first name, last name, title, etc. But, once they click submit, I would like to introduce a set of demographic questions before order confirmation. A complete form is off-putting. But, for business purposes, we need to take the second step, and would like to test this process. Can we add a secondary “form” in unbounce?

Hey Everyone!

I know it’s not an ideal solution but it *is* possible to create multi-step forms in Unbounce.

You have to create a page for each step of your form and pass each steps form data onto the next. Like this: 

…and let’s say you collect Email, Name, Phone Number and Company on Page 1, you would add hidden fields for each of those values on the subsequent pages. That way, when they’re passed along page to page, they’ll be recaptured in your forms. 

That should be it! For more thorough instructions, check out the full how-to article in our Documentation here

I know it’s not as slick as you might want it to be, but it does work really well. Try it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Hey all! Just a heads up that we just released a brand new tip & script that allows you to add a multi-step form to your landing page super easily. Check it out here: