Modifying unbounce form to autofill the fields using url

• 18 June 2016
  • 4 replies

Here is how you can use an url to fill the fields of form on the unbounce page.
An url structure needs to be similar to the following:
http://www.mydomainname.com/?f_name=Sneha&l_name=Samfrancisco&email=myemail@gmail.com

STEP 01:
There are instructions available on google on my to create the prefill urls,
Here is a good tutorial on how to :
https://help.formassembly.com/knowledgebase/articles/340353-prefill-through-the-url

For the url above the fields mentioned are :
>> “f_name” for first name.
>> “l_name” for last name.
>> “email” for email address.

When you generate the url you can add as many as fields required in the similar format, each value separated by an “&” 

STEP 02:

Create an unbounce form with the fields needed.

- Where it says Auto generate form field label, uncheck the checkbox and write down the id manually here as mentioned in the url structure you need to implement.

Example :
For the above mentioned sample url the id used for first name Òf_nameÓ So you write it down manually here. And same for others fields ID’s.

Here is a sample of the working URL with prefilled form:

I hope it will be helpful for anyone looking for a solution for auto filled form! Cheers!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing, Sneha. I believe it works with hidden fields as well. This is how you can set up UTM parameters to get passed through with your lead submissions, etc.

Yes Nicholas It works with the hidden fields as well.

Question - I want to pull an individuals data from their web browser to autofill the form. Can unbounce do that? Does this solution work similarly for this? I would like to have the form automatically put in each individual’s email address for them so they don’t have to type it in. This data is stored in their browser, just not just how to activate it in unbounce. 

Question - I want to pull an individuals data from their web browser to autofill the form. Can unbounce do that? Does this solution work similarly for this? I would like to have the form automatically put in each individual’s email address for them so they don’t have to type it in. This data is stored in their browser, just not just how to activate it in unbounce.

• Looking similar answer to this question please.