Solved

Make a sticky footer/header appear after a certain time

• 20 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi!
I’d like to add a sticky footer to my page which appears a few seconds after the visitor enters my page.
I tried to modify this script provided by @Johnny_Opao > https://gist.github.com/johnnyopao/445088ba176c04b0a5ba in order to replace the scroll by a set timeout, but all my attempts didn’t work 😕
Any ideas how I should proceed?
Thx in advance!

icon

Best answer by POLvans 23 July 2020, 08:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Vanessa! 👋

Have you tried using Sticky Bars for this? You can customize the trigger after a specific delay when the visitor lands on your page in your Page Overview section.

Let me know if I’m not on the right track and I’ll see if I can help out 🙂

-Jess

Hi Jess,
Unfortunately sticky bars are removable by users (they can close the footer using the X button). I need a footer that users can’t remove. But yes, the idea is to make it appear after a certain time just like sticky bars, but with a fixed and unremovable footer. The code provided by Johnny works fine creating a fixed footer, but I can’t adapt it to time condition…

Hi again !
I figured it out using this code bellow.
It works, but it’s not really state of art (you’re not supposed to insert that many lines of code inside a setTimeout function).
Anyhow, here it is if anyone needs it (and if anyone wants to impove it, feel free :))

Edit : sorry, the code won’t show, maybe blocked by the editor ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Vanessa, sorry about that sometimes the community platform formats things a little wonky. There should be a way that you can edit your post to show your script. If you paste it in, highlight it and hit this button, it should format properly:

I’d love if you could share the script you used that worked for you so that other community members can benefit from your genius. 🧠

If it still isn’t working send me a DM and I’ll inspect to make sure nothing’s going wrong.

-Jess

Ok I’ll try again to share the code here. Enjoy !

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
function FixedMenu() 
  {

//Fixed Menu (Header or footer) v1.3.1

/**
    * Do not remove this section; it allows our team to troubleshoot and track feature adoption. 
    * TS:0002-13-013
  */

//Replace ID below with your own box ID
  var boxToAppend = '#lp-pom-box-20';

//Set to 'header' or 'footer'
  var headerOrFooter = 'footer';

var backgroundCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"0", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"899"};
  var colorOverlayCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"0", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"auto", "border-style":"none none none none"};
  var childrenCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"auto", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"999", "border-style":"none none none none", "border-width":"0px", "background":"none"};

if (headerOrFooter === 'footer') {
    backgroundCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    backgroundCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
    colorOverlayCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    colorOverlayCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
    childrenCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    childrenCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
  }

var boxParent = jQuery(boxToAppend).parent();
  var boxClone = jQuery(boxToAppend).clone()

boxClone.appendTo(boxParent).css(backgroundCSS).children().remove();
  jQuery(boxToAppend).css(childrenCSS);
  jQuery(boxToAppend + '-color-overlay').appendTo(boxClone).css(colorOverlayCSS);
  }
  setTimeout(FixedMenu, 5000);
</script>
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Amazing!! Thanks Vanessa 💪