LP Feedback for Portrait Studio

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible

I’m wondering what others think about the copy/language on the page. Are all the CTAs clear? My service comes in a couple different categories, which require different CTAs. As a portrait photographer, I can either offer outdoor sessions or sessions at my studio. I have regular hours at my studio, so allow people to book at their convenience through a scheduler. For outdoor sessions, due to variable weather/commute, I need to talk to them on the phone for a bit.

Also, do you think the sections are in the right order? Are there any unanswered questions this page left you with? (Whether process, pricing, or anything else.)

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Combination of Adwords, LinkedIn, and Facebook ads.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Either 1) Forms filled out to book an outdoor session or 2) Direct bookings for my studio sessions at the bottom.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
smile.headshots-inc.com

6 replies

Hey @dan-stl - welcome to the community! 🙂

I quite like this page actually. I think you check off a lot of the boxes in terms of what makes a strong landing page. How’s your conversion rate doing?

I was (very) briefly overwhelmed when I landed on the page - but I feel like if you know what you are looking for and are discovering this page through something like a targeted ad, then everything should make sense.

I say this an awful lot to people around his, but I would definitely encourage you to A/B some different layouts if you’re curious about things being in the right order. I might consider swapping the social proof section (with the reviews) with the ‘recent headshot’ section. Maybe let them read some of the things other people are saying and then take a look at some of the great work you’ve done.

Something you could also experiment with is maybe moving some of the individual testimonials into lightboxes? It might save you some space on the page. You could have an image of the person and maybe a short description of what their needs were, and after clicking on a button or some text, the lightbox could open maybe with several images you took of that person and more details about the experience. I wouldn’t do this for all of the testimonials, but maybe something to A/B test!

I think I push A/B testing so much because it’s a great way to test out new ideas. Never settle! 😅

Badge +3

Echoing Alex. A lot to like here.

The one thing that sets off flags in my marketing brain is small but meaningful: photo quality. You’re getting some pixelation – particularly with Elena. Big deal for most? Nope. For a photo studio? Heck yeah! I’d definitely look to optimize those, and turn down any compression Unbounce is applying.

Hi @Adam_Smartschan - Thanks for your thoughts! I’ve noticed the compression issue before. Do you know how I can turn down Unbounce’s automatic compression? I have the photos sized perfectly out of Photoshop, but you’re right on the example pics. Which one is “Elena?”

Hi @Alex - Thanks for the feedback! I’m a local business, with extremely expensive/limited traffic. With that said, which element would you test first? Also, do you have a recommended confidence interval you use when deciding between A/B tests?

Also, what do you think of the headline/sub-head?

Cheers!

Badge +3

@dan-stl: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZiC7k7jCu0

And Elena’s the one holding the sign that says “Elena” 😜

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello @dan-stl !

I like your page except for:

• the hero shot (the main section where there is a selection of photo with a dark tone on it).
  • the red buttons

I would be interested in having a great portrait of me. If i was landing on your page, the first thing i would like to see is a selection of your best shot. Maybe a small grid or 3 or 4 portraits rotating.
This way i could picture myself and be convinced of the quality of your work.
Right now, the first thing people see when they come to the page is a large grid of portrait behind a black filter, almost like you are trying to hide the thing you sell. Will the visitor think that you are not confident in your work ? i don’t know but could be.
For me i would A/B test a version where you take some of the best portrait from the “Check Out Recent HeadShots” section and present them in a nice way of the main section.

The red button are a bit too red for my taste, they are a bit too “emergency” and with the yellow for the COVID-19 it’s a little bit anxiety inducing.
If you change the main section with a white background and portraits maybe you could choose a warmer color that stay vivid.
you should also A/B test the Covid-19 part. Maybe it doesn’t need to be this high in the LP.