Looking for feedback because of Bad Results šŸ˜¢

• 20 February 2020
  • 2 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?

My Unbounce page has very bad results 😢

I got 1 conversion in 7 days (versus around 10 per day on my classic site). The page was, however, viewed around 60 times / day. 🤔

Has anyone ever had this problem? I have no idea where the problem may come from. I take all the advice you could have 😊

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?

Google paid Ads. I have an SEA expert working on this.

I created a page strictly identical to mine via Unbounce, and I set up a Google Analytics tracking structure to track results.

About 15% of my traffic is sent to this page to test its performance. For now, the unbounce page is strictly identical to mine, so I should have the same conversion rate. However, this page does not convert at all.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Form.

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

▶️Here is the page of my site: https://www.memepascap.fr/je-me-lance
▶️And the identical Unbounce page: https://formation.memepascap.fr/je-me-lance/

2 replies

Hey @FluffyChocolate!

Amy from Unbounce here - happy to help provide some suggestions. Heads up - Iā€™ve translated the page into English (since my French is sub-par), so apologies in advance if the translation is a bit off.

A great best practice for landing pages is that they should have one main goal and one specific offer that it is highlighting (the goal of the landing page is generally different than the goal of a website). Your landing page currently has 18 clickable buttons, which is fine on a website, but on a landing page Iā€™d recommend bringing this as close to 1 button as possible (your 1 button should be the call to action or main goal of your page). A starting point here would be to remove the navigation menu at the top of the page on the landing page.

Below are a few more ideas to testā€¦ Bear in mind that these are just suggestions based on best practices - you know your target audience more than I do!

-Headline. The headline and subhead should highlight what the product/offer is, as well as a benefit. I donā€™t know what the Digital Skills Balance Sheet is, so potentially this headline could be updated to something with a bit more context (for example: ā€œAchieve Your Life Project with Meme Pas Capā€ as a headline, and as a subhead ā€œour experts coaches will help guide you through the steps to uncover your professional dream projectā€).

-Form. I generally think of a form as a landing page within a landing page. This means, it should have itā€™s own header to give context of what happens when it is filled out. My suggestion would be to test adding ā€œMeet one of our professional coachesā€ (for example) to the top of the form. If you can add a note of when the visitor will hear back from a coach, thatā€™s even better (eg ā€œone of our coaches will get back to you within 48 hours). Iā€™d also recommend testing this form without inline text filled in to see if it converts better.

-CTA. A great best practice for any CTA is that it should answer the question ā€œI want toā€ and give the visitor an idea of what happens next. Possibly test the current CTA ā€˜validateā€™ against ā€œSchedule My Free Online Interviewā€

-Hero Image. When I first land on the page, I donā€™t see any image right off the bat. When I look closer, I can see an image of a person walking with a backpack. The hero image should visually depict your offer, so Iā€™d recommend making this image stand out more and be as relevant as possible to your main offer.

These are some jumping off points for you that might help give you a conversion boost! Let me know how it goes 😀

Amy

Userlevel 5
Badge

Interesting. Itā€™s hard to pinpoint precisely why identical pages would have such different conversion rates, but here are a few possibilities.

One is that you donā€™t have enough of a sample size for statistical validity and itā€™s a random anomaly. Think about flipping a coin a set number of times. You should get heads about the number of times as tails. But you could flip it ten times and get tails seven of those. The bigger your sample size, the more those even out.

It could be that their is some other variable that is skewing the numbers. Is the traffic coming from the same sources? Is that traffic split in a way that keeps the audience equal between the two in terms of demographics and psychographics? Are the visits between the two pages occurring at the same time?

There could be something off in your analytics. I would make sure everything is set up correctly and recording the data as it should. Google Analytics isnā€™t always the most accurate tool.

Hope that helps.