Long Term Plan for Media Elements?

I have been using Unbounce for a year and really like the UI editor. I think it is one of the best around.

But I am severely disappointed that not a single animated or moving media element is readily available to drag onto a page. Disappointed so much so, I am seriously looking at other service providers.

A community script that is buggy and problematic is not an answer to the most visual era of our time. I know it’s a no-no to want carousels, block sliders, animated effects and the like. But embedded JQuery could give new life to pages overnight. Though, if I have to seek out code and implement it, why am I paying $99 a month? $1000+ a year?

Popular, best practice or not, I think it should be my choice to experiment with what may work. It’s also understandable that you want to stay in your lane as a landing page company. But why lose clients?

Unbounce, don’t me wrong - I LOVE everything else about your service. But this has become an absolute show stopper. I don’t want Times Square, but enough of a visual change to re-use real estate intelligently and dynamically.

Last, I apologize if any of this is incorrect - but I’m lost. All I have seen for carousels, etc. are a few posts from 2014 and 2017 with “buggy” verbage. If anyone has any positive tips that may help, please let me know.

My site is http://www.digitalheroes.tv.

Jeff

2 replies

Hi Jeff,

I don’t have an answer to your question. I just noticed on loading your site however (i live in the middle of nowhere and my internet is powered by sheep) you have a few vey sizable images on the page - i was getting the painfully slow image load you used to see on dial up connections.

these are the main culprits:

I would say these 6 images could use below 500kb without loosing visible quality - which will really help your page load speeds.

For example, this one (below) is 1.7mb on the page - i’ve just opened in photoshop, save for web, jpg medium = 107kb

generally jpg can be smaller than png, however it doesn’t do ‘transparant’.

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the valuable feedback. I did not realize the optimization was not updated. This helps!

Jeff