Let's talk CallRail 📱

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Unbounce and CallRail go together like Bonnie & Clyde/Hall & Oates/Lenny & Karl/(insert your favourite duo here). We’ve noticed this trend 👀 and now it’s time to do something about it!

For those who aren’t familiar, CallRail provides call tracking, recording and analytics to optimize your marketing and increase ROI for PPC, SEO and offline ad campaigns. Learn more about setting up CallRail with your Unbounce pages 👉 here.

We’ve invited Kate McGaughey from the CallRail Community to spend some time in our forums and answer any questions you may have about integrating Unbounce with CallRail to track conversions on your landing pages. You can tag Kate directly here @katemcghy! Can’t wait to start chatting!

letsdothis-1

14 replies

Hey everyone! @Jess thanks so much for inviting me to hang out 😊 I’m excited to get to know some more Unbounce users, chat call tracking and analytics, and make some marketing magic happen together 🔥

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Stoked to have you here!! I know @Joe_Savitch had some questions about getting buy-in from his agency to adopt CallRail as a service to track calls. I’d love to see some of those insights here as those are some handy conversations to have living here in the forums.

@Stefano and @Jonathan are already mega fans of CallRail so I’m sure they have some insights into how it’s helped improve their efforts in call tracking at Webistry.

Badge +2

Would be happy to give feedback here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Jonathan Want to give us a bit of an overview of how you use CallRail in your campaigns?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

CallRail is awesome! We recommend it all the time. 🔥

Badge +2

Definitely! We do so much with Callrail… For example we use number pools for keyword level tracking on Adwords. This way, we know exactly where our phone conversions came from, which is priceless when optimizing traffic for conversions. Let’s face it, if your not attributing all your conversions in Adwords, you’re not truly optimizing. We’re also dabbling with “Callscore” and keyword spotting, which automatically detects keywords in the recorded conversation in order to score leads. This comes in handy for our clients who get hundreds of calls a month. Would be glad to dive deep into these features for anyone who has questions!

We use the Unbounce and Callrail direct integration.

90% of our client’s conversions come through calls. So being able to set a quality call (duration) threshold in Callrail, and then passing that data in through to Unbounce is handy. Only calls that meet that threshold are seen as leads in Unbounce

BUT…

The REAL MAGIC comes from being able to see conversion (calls) by variant when split testing.

This was not possible at a previous landing page platform we used (won’t say any names) and was a big factor is us moving over to Unbounce.

So far the integration has function well with very little data discrepancy between the platforms.

Bottom line: Awesomeness.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@christiank That’s HUGE!! You basically just wrote us a Case Study 😂

I’m curious about the quality call threshold, would a high quality call be longer or shorter? Is it customizable? For example, if we used CallRail for calls we get to our Support team, a long call would likely be considered poor quality because it means other customers are waiting to get through to a Support rep. Whereas, if you’re calling to book an appointment and you’re passing along information over the phone it may take longer, resulting in a high quality score because you’re scheduled a client.

Regardless, THAT IS SO AWESOME! 😊

Another question, and it might be more in @katemcghy’s wheelhouse, but have you noticed that certain industry’s tend to benefit from CallRail and Unbounce integrations more than others? I know @Stefano and @Jonathan have a ton of experience in the health care industry, and that’s been a major contributor to them needing to track calls as conversions.

Thanks so much for sharing that feedback, Christian. I’m so happy to hear you’ve found a method for call tracking that works so well! 💪

Hey Jess.

Yes, as you know, within Callrail you can set the “trigger” to be whatever works as a quality benchmark for a particular situation. Sometimes longer is better, sometimes it’s not. In our case, we set it for 60 seconds, that’s our sweet spot. Anything below 60 seconds, does not pass through into unbounce (or the split testing).

I’m also in the Health Care world. My clients are all health based, and 90% of leads are phone driven so Callrail is a no brainer. I have used other call tracking platforms depending on the circumstances, but I white label the account with my clients and give them access to recordings for QA, which provides added value at minimal extra cost for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’re in the same boat!

We manage our CallRail quite similarly.

Healthcare conversions via phone are almost always higher compared to contact forms, so tracking your phone calls is very important if you want to optimize your pages and campaigns appropriately.

We also integrate our customer CallRail accounts with Facebook so that we can build audiences using that data. 🚀

We primarily work through paid search for our clients. Yet to try the Facebook integration. Love the custom audience idea! Very cool.

So much awesome feedback! Thanks so much to everyone who’s been sharing 🙏

@Jonathan, I’d love to hear you expound more on the “dabbling” you’ve been doing in CallScore and Keyword Spotting. I know the team we have working on our call intelligence features is always eager for feedback and use cases from customers.

@christiank thank you so much for sharing that awesome use case! It’s so exciting to hear how marketers are using these features IRL to make magic happen for clients. I’m curious to hear more about how you found your “sweet spot” to set that 60 second trigger?

@Jess, to answer your question, while we don’t currently have specific numbers to share on which industries are most often utilizing the CallRail + Unbounce integration, we serve a large number of healthcare marketers and marketing agencies, so it’s not a surprise to see many in those verticals using the integration.

@Stefano I’d love to hear more from you about how you’re using the Facebook integration for custom audiences, and @christiank if there have been any barriers to you trying it out so far? This was one we were really excited to release!

Sure. 60 seconds was simply the agreed upon time with most of our clients as a legitimate call. This is a whole can of worms in terms of their sales process, but we agree on 60 seconds as a conversion benchmark. From there, we measure what we call AX beyond. So X number of conversions against Y number of AX gives us their close rate. We try and continue to improve that metric.

That said, longer calls (for first time callers) typically are a better indicator of quality.

Great insights for those looking to determine and set metrics. Thank you for sharing! 😀