Solved

Left align text in a button

• 23 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello, How do I left align text in a button? I’ve found a couple of threads with info on custom CSS for buttons but it’s not working for me. Could I get ‘layman’s terms’ step-by-step instructions?

Thanks so much

icon

Best answer by Kyle.Carline 24 March 2021, 18:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Gemma!

Did you already take a look at this post?

If it would be helpful I can re-word some of this and add some more instructions. Let me know, I have some time this afternoon 🙂

-Jess

Hi Jess,
Yes I did thank you. I put that code into a css stylesheet named button left and changed the button-id to the id of my button but nothing happened. I don’t think it’s the code I’m struggling with, it’s the steps around it.

This is my code:

#lp-pom-button-194 .label {
    text-align: left;
}

I also have a ‘button custom font’ style sheet so I don’t know if this is interfering with it?. This is the code:

/** * Do not remove this section; it allows our team to troubleshoot and track feature adoption. * TS:0001-07-008 */ /* Apply to buttons */ a.lp-pom-button * { font-family: brandon-grotesque, sans-serif !important; font-weight: 700 !important; font-style: normal !important; }

Do I need to put the left align code in the same style sheet as the custom font code?

@MidgetGem looking at your screenshot, I think some copy/paste issues happened. Make sure the code in between the two style tags is exactly like this…

#lp-pom-button-194 .label {
text-align: left;
}

That worked thank you!