Leads from Unbounce to MailChimp came as "opted-out email"

• 25 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m a newbie to both Unbounce and MailChimp. Searching and Reading from the knowledge base from both sides didn’t give me an answer I needed but I feel like I’m missing something.

I am getting leads from Unbounce no problem. They came to the correct group and they are also tagged accordingly.

I am using a free account in MailChimp. Set up an automated campaign with a trigger “immediately after subscribers added to the workflow”. I can see my subscribers there with the correct segmentation.

I have tried out both single and double opt-in from unbounce. When double opt-in was chosen, the test subscribers received sign-up form to confirm subscriptions. Even after this process, the “opt-out email” still exists in these subscribers. All of them are also labelled “subscribed”. From what I can see, there’s nothing else I can do.

The email address for “from” field is also verified.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

1 reply

Hey @gcmmburnaby224!
(welcome to the community!)

This is a bit tricky just because we don’t have a lot of visibility into the Mailchimp end of things. I haven’t really run into this before myself! We can definitely dig together though.

Would you mind giving us a shout at support@unbounce.com with the landing page you are working with? Some screenshots of what you are seeing in Mailchimp would also be super helpful!

Mailchimp also offers e-mail support to free plans for the first 30 days - so you could always check in with them if you’re still in that phase of things for further details.

Some other peeps in the community might also be able to chime in if they’ve seen this before with their own campaigns! 🙂