Landing Page Feedback - Please and Thank You!

• 27 February 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible

To apply to any university in the UK you must submit a UCAS application form (cost £23). Depending on the university you have chosen your application could be rejected at the earliest stages if it is incomplete or does not meet specific criteria. Some students (especially from outside the UK) find this process confusing / overwhelming / tiresome. There are a number of free blogs, forums etc. offering advice but this advice can be conflicting and confusing to some. As students money, time and hopes of attending university are pinned on this application the stakes are high. So they’d want to take every opportunity to get it right?

I want to offer a personalised review and feedback service to applicants. While I cannot guarantee they will receive an offer I hope to reduce the chance of them being rejected by 1 or all their 5 choices, save them time and effort as a “one-stop shop” and offer reassurance in the form of expert advice and feedback on their whole application, including Personal Statements which form a large part.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?

I am not as of yet. Due to limited (none, other than web research) marketing experience. I hope to mostly use organic searches from SEO optimisiation copy and eventually social media presence as well as building a presence in student forums offering free advice. Though I certainly would not rule out paid search initially.

As user’s peers are highly likely be in the exact same position (school leavers applying to uni) I will initially offer a free service to those that recommend two friends and convert.

3: What is your conversion goal?
At this point I am testing if people are interested in the service. Name and email address provided in turn for opportunity of free assessment or a “how-to” guide. TBC

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. http://www.u2university.com

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Stuart,

Cool concept! Here’s a video review of your page with some feedback. Let me know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to answer them.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFeer5DQ0H

Regards,