Landing page feedback - insurance for people who drive rented or borrowed cars

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
Find and convert people who need insurance for rented and borrowed cars, an apartment, or gig work. We offer simple subscription starter packs of insurance that reflect the lifestyles of todays’ urban consumers.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Currently through Google Adwords campaigns. Launching other online and offline campaigns soon through direct mail, affiliate channels, and partnerships.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Start a quote by providing us with an email address.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://get.surroundinsurance.com/non-owned-auto/

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Jonathon.

Here is some feedback on your landing page, focused mainly on how you might improve on it.

First, it’s not clear what I’m supposed to do as a user. There are too many different CTAs: Get covered, buy now, get started.

Get covered and start now are too vague. The prospect has no idea what to expect by clicking that. I assume that is the start quote you mention as the goal in your description of the page. But the actual page doesn’t say that. The buy now are the most clear, but is also has the most friction.

So before worrying about any of the creative, I would decide on one specific offer to focus on and craft everything on the page around that. This is arguably the most important decision you can make, and certainly more important than the creative itself, so make sure you put a lot of thought and research into it. Think about the audience you’re targeting, where they are in the journey, your sales process and cycle, how you’re going to measure the success of the page, etc.

As for the creative:

The headline works better as a tagline than a headline. It sounds clever and catchy with the sound-alike words, but it’s not direct enough. It should clearly convey a specific benefit in concrete terms.

I think the page could use more information on why someone would benefit from this enough to justify the cost. Unless I rent a car often, I don’t see how this would save money over choosing the insurance option of the rental company. And if I borrow a car, that car will likely be covered on the owner’s insurance.

I’m sure there are reasons, and you have some of the points on the page, but they don’t stand out and don’t have enough detail or proof.

Finally, I would remove the links that lead to different pages. Why lead people away from the offer? They may never come back to the page. Everything on the page should drive people to your CTA.

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

I would work on the copy, I didn’t understand why or how this differs from regular car insurance. The main headline sounds smart but I didn’t get it.