Landing page feedback for online instructor lead training company

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible

1. The look and feel of the page
  2. The content and the form on the top section. goal is for the user to convert and buy
  3. Anything else that might help

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?

1. Social Media
  2. Google Ads

3: What is your conversion goal?

1. User to buy the training

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://training.conceptsandbeyond.com/csm/

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @anil thanks for sharing this here! I’m just about to run into a meeting but thought I’d share some quick feedback here first:

This is where I think you can make the greatest optimizations – I highly recommend consolidating your font choices. Stick to 1 font for headers and 1 font for body text, this will help create a more consistent visual experience on your page. I’d also generally steer clear of Comic Sans font when you can.

For the sticky bar that you’re using, you’ll be able to get more possible leads if you add a button that you’re able to track. It’s currently offering No Interest and No Credit Check, maybe the button could allow the visitor to “learn more” or “apply now”.

As for CTA’s, there’s some varying language used throughout this page (register now, checkout now, etc.) and I would recommend focusing on just one CTA to make sure that the action the viewer needs to take is crystal clear.

The “What You Will Get” and the “Course Outline” sections of this landing page are great. Not too much copy, and not a lot of distracting visuals. I’d try to align the rest of the landing page to that design (font/colour scheme etc.)

That’s all I have time for now but I’ll check back if you’re able to make any of those adjustments! Hope this helps 🙂

-Jess

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @anil !

You have some great points & content on the page, I just think they need a little bit of consistency!

Here are some tips to help you:

1. Before you do anything, make sure you have your mobile page sorted out! There is a small button at the bottom right-hand side of the page where you will be able to move your elements around! Right now several elements are on top of one another! Don’t worry, its a pretty easy fix 🙂

2. I definitely agree with Jess on the font - it begins to build your brand and create an identity, which creates trust (start with using the font used in your logo if you can!). I would usually mention icons and colors here, but I really like what you already have!

3. An easy win to build trust would be to add a favicon - You could probably just crop the monkey part of your logo out!

4. Another easy win would be to add your page’s metadata - page title, description, and keywords - these are located in the properties tab within the editor!

5. As for the form, I would test some different submit buttons, “Checkout Now” could be scary for some people (big commitment because it’s a higher price), you could easily start an A/B test with “Save My Spot” on another variant!

6. As users scroll down the page, you want to present additional CTAs/buttons as anchor links bring them back up to the form so they don’t have to go searching!

7. Those reviews are great! I would actually put them above the video, closer to the top. I did try to click the arrows on the side of them and nothing happened so there could be an error in the script!

8. The benefits next to the form are already in a great place and are all great points. I really like the “What You’ll Get” and “Course Outline” sections - I would move them up as well. This would leave your introduction, the video then the FAQ towards the bottom of the page.

9. Adding a little footer at the very bottom with your logo again, some copyright info, privacy policy, could boost trust a little more as well! This could also be where you cite the Zip Recruiter stat.

10. Lastly, for copy, I think the big changes could just be in the hierarchy of your headlines at the top of the page! They are all great points, just a little difficult to grasp everything. I do think you can call out the “$300 in Savings Ends Soon” - that creates urgency which could increase form fills! I am sure @SeanKirby can elaborate more on the copy portion!

Now that LOOKS like a long list, but a lot of it is just moving some items around 🙂 I think you will be able to tackle it swiftly! You did a great job on the hard stuff - the copy!

Hope this helped!
Caroline

Hi @Caroline and @Jess
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. The first thing I did was to start improving on the mobile version, but as I starting moving things around, it messed up the desktop version. How can I make both work together?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

A few pointers I can give for desktop to mobile with Unbounce:

• You can use CSS - but this is a little more advanced
  • Copy certain sections or elements and hide one on desktop/mobile
  • For the tip above - you have to keep your form section available (not hidden) on both desktop and mobile. You will need to copy and hide those elements of that section individually.

I hope that makes sense! There is a little eye icon in the properties panel that you can click to hide elements!

Have tried to get most of your recommendations done. I am still having issues getting the testimonials to look good on the mobile. Any suggestions? I have republished on the same page

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sometimes if your desktop content isn’t looking great on your mobile version, it’s easier to hide those elements from your mobile page completely and create new mobile-specific content (and hide that from your desktop version), hopefully that makes sense! I can create a quick video of what that looks like let me know if that would be helpful 😃

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Anil.

I think you have the makings of a pretty good page here. You just need to refine the messaging and design a bit.

As Caroline mentions, the copy hierarchy makes the messaging a bit confusing, particularly in the hero section. In fact, someone who is quickly scanning the page could see the payment plans message at the top first then the bolded dollar amounts in your headline second and infer that those are the cost of what you’re selling.

The salary information is a good motivator, but I don’t think it works as a headline because it doesn’t tie immediately enough to your offer. It’s more of an informational statement than an aspirational inference. You need the audience to see themselves achieving that end result.

The payment plan info is also good to have, but it appears too early. When that’s the first thing I see, my immediate thought is whatever they are selling is expensive. Instead, place this information after the price as a way to overcome “sticker shock” and reduce friction.

I don’t really know your industry or market well, so I can’t say for certain what message would resonate best, but I would think something about becoming certified and whatever makes your training uniquely valuable would be effective. For instance, if most training took weeks, you could point out that they could get certified in one weekend. I have no idea if that is unique to yours, just using it as an example.

I would add some more details around your discount. Why are you offering it? What does “ends soon” mean? Is there a specific expiration date? This will give it more legitimacy instead of feeling like marketing manipulation.

Speaking of the pricing, rather than just mentioning that it includes a 2 year membership to Scrum Alliance, it may be worth testing positioning that as a free bonus, with the value mentioned. I think that has more perceived value because the cost appears to be separate from the cost of the workshop.

I would try to make the copy in the form more benefit-oriented as well. “Register” and “Checkout” are good for you because people are converting, but what’s in it for the user? Think about it from their perspective and give them something to get excited about.

I also second the advice Jess and Caroline give.

Best of luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey Anil, agree with all of the above feedback so I won’t reiterate what the others have said! I just have one point about your mobile design – it looks like you may have simple applied the Layout Assistant to the mobile view, but not manually made any further design/layout adjustments? I can see some areas where you can manually make changes on the mobile view e.g. moving green checkmarks to beside each bullet point.

I wanted to mention this in case you were not aware you can make more changes on the mobile view – Layout Assistant is just a starting point 🙂

Hey Anil,

Some great suggestions here.

Here are some of my thought that hopefully prove helpul

I think centrally aligning the logo and increasing the space above it to separate it from the banner will make it cleaner.

Headline: What’s the hook?
Your headline should talk to the pain of the person, or the solution you provide.

I would pursue 2 options:

1. Write a new headline and have the quote as a supporting sub-headline. For example:
    Headline - Become a Certified Scrum Master
    Sub-headline - Salaries currently range between $101,000 to $134,000 anually in the USA

2. Consolidate these 2 components into one compelling headline. For exmaple,
    Earn up to $134,000 per year as a Certified Scrum Master

Just some ideas. If there is a known pain associated with this journey that you solve also include that. That could for instance be that it typically takes a really long time or exams are very expensive, address the way you help with that in the headline too.

i.e. Become a Certified Scrum Master in less than (the usual protracted time period).

The Zip Recruiter text feels out of place and makes the spacing between the headline and the form feel cramped. If you want to cite this quote, either move the text to just after the statement, or use a superscripted asterix after the statement and put the citation in the footer of the page.

What does the workshop deliver?
You mention the workshop once then dive straight into additional features such as memberships, and attempt to handle objections around refunds etc without stating what the workshop will actually provide. It’s inevitable that people will have objections if they don’t know what they’re being asked to buy. In most cases confused buyers don’t buy and I feel this would be the case here.

Maybe just include one or 2 simple points on what outcome the workshop will deliver.

For example, Learn everything you need to become certified in our 2 day workshop.

Like Sean said, the promotion without context is not very impactful. Why are you providing a discount? With the cultural shift in buying behaviour because of black Friday now being months long etc discounts have become commonplace and provide no urgency on their own.

Also, to add to this, “soon” for most people is not a timeframe. For genuine urgency add a deadline.

Your below the form statement " Pay $895 $495 today or $99 for 5 months. Cancel anytime" is confusing. If this is a one time workshop and you’re giving them the option to spread out the payments being able to cancel at anytime makes no sense. I make no assumptions about your business model etc but like I mentioned earlier, confusion leads to non-buyers.

Hope that helps.

John

Hi All,

I really appreciate your feedback and I took your ideas and suggestions to create another variation
Please see https://training.conceptsandbeyond.com/tbr-ve/

Love to see any ideas and suggestions

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Anil.

I think you have some good elements, but it lacks excitement and it could be a bit clearer.

Perhaps it’s just because I’m not in your target audience, but I didn’t know who Sharon Bowman is or what Training from the Back of the Room is all about. Even if your audience is familiar with the book, it wouldn’t hurt to explain it a bit. I would do some research to see what how the book is being marketed and what specifically is resonating with its readers.

I didn’t get too in depth, but after a quick search of the subject, it seems that the book marketers position it as a whole new approach to instruction that changes the paradigm. That stirs up more excitement and curiosity than just a typical trainer’s workshop.

I’d be careful with negative wording such as “Deliver a seamless training experience without any technical difficulties.” I know that you’re saying they won’t have these, but mentioning technical difficulties at all can plant that idea in the reader’s head. It would be better to use the positive things that make that true such as the stability of the platform, uptime percentage, etc.

The CTA button gets a bit lost, especially on desktop. When it’s right justified like that, it looks like it’s meant to be secondary, almost like a sidebar. I’d center it. I’d also change the color on hover so that it is more clearly a button instead of just a callout or other graphic element.

I like that you’re trying to add urgency with the super early bird pricing, and I think you can do more to highlight that. Perhaps you can make that some sort of graphic element or even it’s own little section. You should make it clear how much people are saving with that. And if you really want to add to the urgency, you could add a countdown timer showing how much time they have left down to the minute or even second.

Testimonials are always good for social proof. You should consider using a different color background or typeface for these though. The white on light blue doesn’t have much contrast, which makes them hard to read.

Also, make sure to get someone to proofread your pages. I noticed a typo. In What are the benfits of the Training From the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition?" benefits is misspelled. I wasn’t looking for typos, so there could be others.

Best of luck.

Thank you @SeanKirby This is valuable feedback

Userlevel 5
Badge

My pleasure.