Landing Page Feedback - Food App

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
I’m building an app that helps people with diets, allergies, and those who are nutrient-sensitive find food to eat. There are many features and I’m concerned that my pre-launch landing page doesn’t do a good job explaining what the app is / does. Can you tell what the app does?

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Blogs, online communities, and word of mouth.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Email sign-ups

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://beta.peppersf.com/

Thanks!

4 replies

In general, is pretty good! In a few seconds, I understood that is an app that helps people find their best food choice.

Some feedback:

• If you could do a gif or a video on how the app works that would be great. I use gifs on my landing pages and it almost doubled my conversion rates. Something like this

• AB test this as the subheadline: We help people on diets, with allergies, and calorie counters answer this question: what do I eat? or put it above the fold. It explains the product better.

• I assumed the app was for iOS only because there was an iPhone. If you support Android and iPhone add the icons under the email capture.

• AB test the “Ycombinator” logo above the fold. It gives credibility to the product, but I almost missed it because it is at the very bottom.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Richard.

You do a good job of describing the features, but you need to translate that into benefits. What’s in it for the user? Why should they care about the features? Show how this is going to eliminate or reduce a pain point or improve their lives.

Since your app is created for more than one audience, it probably makes sense to create multiple pages. For example, one for people trying to lose weight, another for people with allergies to specific ingredients, etc. And tailor the pages to the show how your app will help with their specific needs.

It seems like you’re emphasizing the all-in-one aspect pretty heavily throughout. If that’s because you’ve determined that needing multiple resources is a big frustration for your target audience, then you could make that connection more directly in the hero section. Speak to the experience and elicit the emotion instead of just stating the feature.

I would recommend testing that against appeals to the specific segments mentioned above to see for certain what works best.

If you need help developing the copy, feel free to reach out.

Best of luck.

Thanks! I’ll AB testing your recommendations.

Thanks, Sean. It’s helpful to know that I’m explaining the what but not the why. I’ll try incorporating more of the latter.