Landing Page Feedback (Dentist Near Me)

• 22 February 2021
  • 5 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
We are receiving clicks to our landing page from our ad but no conversions on the form. The keywords we are aiming for are dentist near me, family friendly dentist, etc. We would like to know what’s working and not working on the page.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Adwords PPC search ads

3: What is your conversion goal?
To have new patients fill out the Request an Appointment form.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://landing.samosetfamilydental.com/family-dentist-near-plymouth-ma/

This is our first foray into paid ads and landing pages. We are eager to know what you think, thanks for stopping by and taking a look! 🙂

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Welcome to the community.

I have some thoughts on why your traffic might not be converting. Do with it what you will.

First, I think the headline is just not believable. Nobody enjoys going to the dentist, no matter how gentle they are. I think maybe it could be more convenient, more gentle, etc., but not enjoyable. And enjoyable isn’t what prospective patients are looking for. If they are searching for a dentist, it’s not for enjoyment. It’s because they need dental services.

Think about what they likely want to know. Things like: Can they handle my issue? When would they have availability to see me? Do they accept my insurance plan? What are their qualifications?

A lot of that is on the page, but if people don’t make it past the headline, they won’t see it. That’s why nailing that hero section is so important. Then you need to anticipate questions and potential friction points as people move through the page.

The other big issue I see is that the call to action is inaccurate. People can’t book anything on the form as it exists now. It would be better to have the option to actually schedule something. As it is now, the form is just adding extra steps for the user. Give the form a reason for being there.

Adding a bit of urgency would help as well. This could be as easy as tweaking the CTA to something like “reserve your appointment” to hint that they could miss out on their preferred time slot. You could even add a line or two calling out something more directly along those lines such as appointments are limited.

Design wise, it’s a bit too monochromatic. I would add more contrast to draw attention to important elements such as the CTA.

For the location, a map might add some visual interest and context.

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

Thank you for taking a look and your feedback Sean, these are great points. I’ve incorporated these changes into the landing page re: the headline, CTA wording and creating urgency.

Do you have any examples of pages of what you mean about more contrast and design?

Hey Suzzane!

I’ve written out some bullet points below. Hope they help!

URL looks long and spammy (why not just plymouth.samosetfamilydental.com)?

The headline looks generic. It needs to be personal to the searchers problem and instatly confirm to them they are in the right place (have you considered using the DKI feature?)

CTA button at page top is very easily missed and isn’t the best as you cant reserve a time. Make it a contrasting colour like bright pink. Rename it something like ’ Get Instant Call Back". Also I’d remove the ‘reason for visit box’.

Top phone number WAY to small. It should be the biggest brightest thing on the page and again a contrasting colour. Your CTA’s and contact points should be the most easy to find things on the screen

I don’t get the USP’s. I think they need to be stronger and more customer focused. Also is 20 years experience that long for a dentist? I’d have thought that was kind of the average. Maybe consider changing to ‘over the years we have worked with over 20,000 happy clients’ or something along those lines.

The review looks like a spammy testimonial. Try using a review plugin to show off real reviews from Yelp and Google. Nicejob is good, has a free option and works well for us

I’d recommend adding a map embed to the footer so people can visually see where you are located.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sure. Take a look at the before and after examples here: http://www.seankirbycopy.com/landing-page-makeover-music-arts-lesson-studio/

See how changing the buttons to this blue color draws your attention to them since they contrast with all the red on the page?

You’ll also notice that the the different sections of the “after” page are visually separated by contrasting color. This helps to visually organize the information into smaller chunks so that it doesn’t look like it’s too much work to read. And it signals there is new information for people skimming, which can draw attention to the headings.

Hey @suzannewu ,
I have redesign your page for you
link-http://unbouncepages.com/samosetfamilydental/
This page will make high conversion rate, I have changed the design.
If you want this contact with me 🥰