Landing Page Feedback - Bearded Dragon Food

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
We are trying to drive sales of our locally and sustainably raised pet food among Chicago area teen owners of reptile pets (primarily bearded dragon pets).

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Display (conversion rates to sale of ~0.3%, form completion of 0%) and Google Search (conversion rates of ~10%, but form completion of 0%). The majority of the traffic is coming via mobile.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Primarily sales, but happy if they only want to complete a form.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://livefeeder.localsols.com/lf-tbd-1-1/j
https://livefeeder.localsols.com/lf-tbd-1-1/k

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The links aren’t working @jensel

Ugh, sorry about that. First time doing this and we have two versions in test, which I tried to force via adding the version letter on the end.
Does this link work: https://livefeeder.localsols.com/lf-tbd-1-1/ (I can’t seem to get it to be a live link so let me know if there’s a way to do that so a cut/paste isn’t needed)?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

That seems to be working.

I’ll post some feedback when I’ve had a chance to review it.

Userlevel 5
Badge

OK. There is a lot of good info and selling points and I think you could improve response by making them more prominent.

Let’s start with the hero area. Instead of merely stating what you’re selling, try to work in a benefit, differentiator or emotional hook. You might even want to test different options to see what appeal resonates best. For instance, if the smell and hassle of other options is a pain point, you might want to lead with that.

Or perhaps an appeal to the owner’s love for his pet and sense of responsibility would work. Don’t they want the very best for their pet?

There’s also a bit of a disconnect between the heading and hero image. It’s a nice photo, but it doean’t directly relate. Your talking about nutritious feeder worms and showing a person. It kind of makes it seem as if she is going to eat them.

I would replace that with something like the image above the form, which is an interesting product in use shot.

I would stick to just one type of call to action. If people aren’t sure which action to take they often don’t take any at all.

That doesn’t mean you can’t repeat your CTA, though. I would make sure to get something at or near the top, above the fold.

The green you use is a bit hard to read in places, especially important spots like the CTA. You may want to consider changing it to something with more contrast.

Visually, the page could be a bit more interesting. I’m not a designer, so I can’t give a lot of advice in that area, but maybe you could include more imagery.

A product shot would be good somewhere, maybe above a CTA. People want to see what it is they’ll get if the buy.

If possible, a headshot of the person who gave the testimonial would be good. That also adds to the credibility of it, since it shows it’s a real person.

I hope that helps. Best of luck!

Thanks SeanKirby - great stuff and will start experimenting! Interestingly, we landed on the photo at the top based on a test versus the bearded dragon eating the live feeders and still aren’t perfectly comfortable with that as our lead visual for the reasons you mention. Your comment gives us a bit more confidence to keep working on getting that lead visual to show the functional benefit and the emotional benefit (please send pics of teens enjoying feeding bearded dragons if you have some to spare!).

Userlevel 5
Badge

Glad you found it helpful. Let me know how it all works out for you.