Landing Page Critique, Want to Increase our CR %

• 8 September 2021
  • 1 reply

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
We’re trying to increase our conversion ratio.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Facebook, Google & outbrain ads

3: What is your conversion goal?
Download the app
The CR is ~8% at the moment, we want it to be at least 20%

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://try.joinregimen.com/free-trial/

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey Kristijan,

Here are some thoughts on how you might be able to increase your conversion rate.

First, I would test different options for your hero section that convey the main benefit/concept more immediately. The headline is pretty vague and the image could pay it off more directly. I get that the text on the screenshot relates directly, but I think at first many people will just see it as an whole image rather than looking at the individual parts of that image.

The subhead does the best job of any component in that hero section of conveying what you’re offering, but it doesn’t stand out. You might want to try some other options to make it more impactful. For instance, you could make it more about the reader than the product. Or you could try to make it more conversational or inject a bit more of an emotional appeal.

The thing that would have the biggest impact is to refine your offer. Right now it’s a bit confusing what you want the user to do. You have a free trial, buttons to app stores and a mention of a free assessment. Try to simply things. What’s the next step you want people to take. Focus on getting them to take that.

Next, I think the page could benefit from a bit more specifics regarding the experience of using the app. It’s not easy to picture in you mind because everything is stated in generalities. Help people see how this is specifically going to help them with their problem.

Try to rewrite the page from the user’s focus. Almost every section begins with “we.” Change that to “you.” People don’t care about your company or your app. They care about what you can do for them. Sell the benefits, not the features.

I would also try to anticipate and address potential questions and objections. For instance, I would guess that some people might be concerned about privacy when dealing with this type of issue, but there’s nothing on the page to ease that concern. If you haven’t already, try to do some formal research through prospect interviews, focus groups, etc. to uncover more concerns people may have.

I like that you have testimonials. I would make sure you present them consistently, though. You have two that are side by side on my laptop screen and they have different size texts. That draws attention away from the second testimonial. Visually it conveys less importance.

Finally, you should have someone proofread your work. I spotted one instance where it looks like you have a comma where a period should be.

I hope that helps.

Best of luck!