Kickstarter Lead Generation - get feedback on my landing page (lead gen rate 1%)

• 3 August 2019
  • 3 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
I’m trying to build an email list of prospective backers for when we go live on kickstarter next month.
My conversion rate is very low < 2% of visitors leave their email. I’ve had several hundred visitors in the last week but only 15 email addresses. Primary Market - USA, Secondary - Canada and EU.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Reddit and Facebook Ads so far. Doing split testing.

3: What is your conversion goal?
10-20% would be good, I think. As that will make it cost effective to generate leads. I realize that for crowdfunding not many people would be interested in signing up and then later pay and then wait to receive the goods. I’m open to feedback on what is a good target for Crowdfunding lead generation.

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

I have following three variations. Please check them out and provide a feedback on the Page/Video.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

You state that you are looking to create a list of potential backers for your campaign, but this seems more like a pre-sell effort.

I would explore another option for the offer. A discount doesn’t really mean much for a product that doesn’t exist yet, especially without the context of how much it costs. And more importantly, it takes people to the close of the sale in their minds. Plus it doesn’t really match well with your CTA.

You can always make a discount on of the perks for contributing at a later time.

For this step in the process, I would focus less on the features of the product and more on benefits and emotional appeals that will motivate someone to contribute to a funding campaign. Why is this something people should get behind? Why should they’ve passionate about it?

The current copy doesn’t spark that. Save time and money is a good benefit, but it needs context to be effective. It’s too generic. You could put that on just about any product page. How much time? How much money? And what does it mean to the reader personally?

If you can answer those questions and effectively speak to it, then people will have a good reason to want to get updates, and ultimately contribute when the time comes.

Best of luck!

Thank you @SeanKirby.

You’ve given me some very good points to think about and work on. I’ll work on creating a few more copies with your suggestions and try them out and report back.

I appreciate your time and suggestions. Thanks again!

Userlevel 5
Badge

My pleasure.