Keep getting blank lead-emails even though form fields are required

I Keep getting blank leads spammed to my mailbox, e.g. the form is not filled out even though fields are required.

My account is rick@elan.nl and the page in question is ‘scheveningen appartementen’.

20 replies

Hi Rick, so sorry about that. The issue is that currently we’ve only implemented client-side validation in the browser (as opposed to also validating on the server), so we’re seeing some cases where bots come along and bypass that, submitting the form directly. We’re definitely hoping to improve our bot detection soon. I’ve created a specific issue for improving how we handle bot form submissions, and will update this thread when we get closer to dealing with it. Sorry I don’t have an immediate fix for you…

This just happened to me too

same here, about ten percent of our leads are empty, which throws off our conversion numbers. This is a big problem that needs to be fixed.

Same with me, and I keep getting tons of those empty leads (probably bots-generated) - do you have an ETA on that?

Thanks

Has there been any update on fixing this? It looks like the thread was started 3 years ago… I’m starting to see more and more blank leads come through.

Same problem. Have had about 50 blank emails this weekend.

Same problem

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Include anti-spam.

I’m starting to get large amounts of spam through my Unbounce forms. Rather than having to add Cloudflare and change all of my DNS, it would be great if Unbounce included some sort of anti-spam / IP blocking directly into their platform.

Hi all!

Just thought I would give an update here in regards to where we’re at with spam filtering. We’ve come a long way from simply blocking problem IP’s, and just recently we managed to deploy a few tools internally that can help us manage spam faster, and more efficiently.

To give you a bit more info about this, Derek from our Platform team just released a post on our Inside Unbounce blog detailing our new spam filtering techniques, including details about how our new anti-spam tools work and the amount of spam we’re able to catch because of them.

I highly suggest checking out the article here:
http://inside.unbounce.com/product-de…

Lastly, if anyone in the community has any questions about these tools or how they impact you as a user - please feel free to ask!

cain@internetmarketinginc.com

Hi all!

Just thought I would give an update here in regards to where we’re at with spam filtering. We’ve come a long way from simply blocking problem IP’s, and just recently we managed to deploy a few tools internally that can help us manage spam faster, and more efficiently.

To give you a bit more info about this, Derek from our Platform team just released a post on our Inside Unbounce blog detailing our new spam filtering techniques, including details about how our new anti-spam tools work and the amount of spam we’re able to catch because of them.

I highly suggest checking out the article here:
http://inside.unbounce.com/product-de…

Lastly, if anyone in the community has any questions about these tools or how they impact you as a user - please feel free to ask!

Im getting this issue - 2 years later

Still getting this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Pilates_SEO,

It would be helpful if you share the actual landing page so the community here can try to help you troubleshoot it.

Best,
Hristian

I just started getting this issue… page is http://www.360science.com/alteryx-guide/

Any thoughts on what I can do to stop it? Strangely looks like Adwords is counting them as a conversion as well - which suggests this is paid traffic, and therefore makes me think it is a fault rather than a bot?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Hi Carl, When is this issue getting resolved. I understand the concept of client side validation but put yourself in our shoes and see when we use a full fledge solution - these things should be eliminated. I was surprised to see blank leads coming into the system and this has recently started happening. We live in a competitive world - so there could be people who are just playing around as well. We hope to see the fix for this very soon as our efforts are getting affected.

ofcourse same problem here and i just responded to carl. I am surprised to see there are very less responses to this post when i see this has become a very big problem. Because of this glitch the entire unbounce solution looks lame!!

Still this issue remains in July 2019. Any solutions?

You can try this solution:

I typically don’t bump old topics, but in case someone browses this thread, the solution might be useful :).

Badge +1

i’am getting the same problem? any fix?

My required fields are letting the form be submited while being blank! 😔

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Plom! Can you send me a link to your landing page?

I think it may be best to send this request to our Support Team to troubleshoot and investigate on the backend. I can submit this on your behalf!