jQuery Colorbox will not work

• 6 June 2011
  • 1 reply

I am having trouble getting any jquery addon/plugin to work. I found a few posts in my search that gave possible solutions but I think I’m missing something small. I changed all the $ to jQuery (got that from this post http://getsatisfaction.com/unbounce/t…). I have the colorbox.js linked before the following code. The landing page has a form so I didn’t add jQuery since it’s already there. Here’s the code:

<script> <br />
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ <br />
 //Examples of how to assign the ColorBox event to elements <br />
 jQuery("a[rel='example1']").colorbox(); <br />
 jQuery("a[rel='example2']").colorbox({transition:"fade"}); <br />
 jQuery("a[rel='example3']").colorbox({transition:"none", width:"75%", height:"75%"}); <br />
 jQuery("a[rel='example4']").colorbox({slideshow:true}); <br />
 jQuery(".example5").colorbox(); <br />
 jQuery(".example6").colorbox({iframe:true, innerWidth:425, innerHeight:344}); <br />
 jQuery(".example7").colorbox({width:"80%", height:"80%", iframe:true}); <br />
 jQuery(".example8").colorbox({width:"50%", inline:true, href:"#inline_example1"}); <br />
 jQuery(".example9").colorbox({ <br />
  onOpen:function(){ alert('onOpen: colorbox is about to open'); }, <br />
  onLoad:function(){ alert('onLoad: colorbox has started to load the targeted content'); }, <br />
  onComplete:function(){ alert('onComplete: colorbox has displayed the loaded content'); }, <br />
  onCleanup:function(){ alert('onCleanup: colorbox has begun the close process'); }, <br />
  onClosed:function(){ alert('onClosed: colorbox has completely closed'); } <br />
 }); <br /><br />
 //Example of preserving a JavaScript event for inline calls. <br />
 jQuery("#click").click(function(){
<br />
  jQuery('#click').css({"background-color":"#f00", "color":"#fff", "cursor":"inherit"}).text("Open this window again and this message will still be here."); <br />
  return false; <br />
 }); <br />
}); <br />
</script>   

Then I use the code from Colorbox demo page for the link:

[Flash / Video (Iframe/Direct Link To YouTube)](http://www.youtube.com/embed/617ANIA5Rqs?rel=0 "The Knife: We Share Our Mother's Health")   

1 reply

Are there any examples that are detailed? I can’t find anything that is working. Please help