Is there any way to recover unsaved work?

• 19 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I just started using Unbounce and didn’t realize it wasn’t autosaving my work. I was almost finished with my first page and your website froze, went blank and reset, losing all my work. Is it gone forever?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

An auto-save function would be tricky for a cloud platform like this. I know this is of no help to your current situation, but you should get into the habit of saving your work along the way like in any other program - you can simply press command/control “S” as you go - I do!

In terms of retrieval you really need to talk to tech support. @Jess or @Justin should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Lauren!

Ugh, I’m sorry that happened! @digibomb is right, auto-save is tricky, and we haven’t implemented that functionality in our page builder yet. I’ve passed along this feedback to our Technical team to look into what exactly happened, because “website froze, went blank and reset” is something I’ve never heard of before.

Anyway, long story short, unfortunately any changes made before hitting Save are lost. I wish I had better news for you.

how does Google Docs manage to do it? 🤷

Just dropping in to say this is still a problem 5 years later… still.

I made a bunch of changes and didn’t hit the “save” button before navigating to a different page. It didn’t even serve up a warning pop up that my work would be lost.