Is it possible to set conditional recipients for email notifications based on a value of a field?

Hi,
I have a form that has a dropdown. I want to send notification to different email addresses based on what visitors select on that drop down. Basically I want to set up conditional email based on a value of a dropdown field. How can I achieve this on unbounce?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using a marketing automation platform such as ActiveCampaign, Infusionsoft, etc? If so, you can probably handle this on the automation/workflow side.

If not, another simple way to accomplish this would be to make the drop down item be the first thing that is selected, as part of a multi-step opt-in, and upon selection, the user would immediately be taken to a different landing page that is specific to that drop-down selection/lead funnel. Not sure if that would be ideal for your situation.

Thanks Nicholas. I don’t think Unbounce supports such a feature then. No we are not using any marketing automation. We just need to send the leads to multiple email addresses, and we have to keep it as one page. I guess we can setup a page on another server with a server side technology and use Webhook to post form data and write some logics there to send out emails from that server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Hessam, 

You might be able to do it with Google Sheets and Zapier. 

I recently wrote a script that would push your Unbounce leads to a Google Sheet. You can find it here

After that, you’ll need to setup Zapier to monitor the sheet and based on pre-set conditions to email the appropriate people. 

Best,
Hristian