Introduction Thread

Hey there!

Welcome to the Unbounce Community, errrrbody. On behalf of the whole Unbounce crew, we’re thrilled you’re going to be part of the group.

Anyway, the thing about online communities is that they’re usually either:

a) Totally awesome (y’know, a place where you can chat with fellow marketers, ask questions, and nerd out over cool stuff)

OR

b) As awkward as a junior high dance…

We definitely want to avoid any awkwardness, so to get things rolling, let’s get to know each other better. 

Post an intro blurb below and tell us a little about yourself Ð you can even use some of these questions as a way to get started:

• What’s your name? What do you do? What would you do if you weren’t doing what you do?
  • What’s your favourite marketing campaign of all time?
  • Are you a dog person? What’s your stance on cats?
  • Star Wars or Star Trek?
  • Share your favourite GIF 
  • Share links to your website, blog, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
    Have some fun, get chatting, and don’t be shy. We can’t have any wallflowers, or this is gonna get weird. 

So who’s up first?

Ð Justin

84 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Sure, Justin - I’ll go first!

Hello - my name is Rolf Inge Holden,  nick named Finge as this is much shorter (pronounce like “finger” without the R…)

2 years ago I decided to leave the corporate world and start ConversionLab. I used to work at DHL, and the last 2 years at DHL I was responsible for implementing email marketing programs and landing page strategies globally. After 13 years at DHL i decided it was time to put my experience in CRO to good use and build my own startup.  No more office politics - just business :-) 

At ConversionLab we focus on everything conversion optimization - mostly on landing pages, but also email marketing and ads. We help our customers succeed by designing, managing and optimizing landing pages using Unbounce. Every super hero needs his cape - and Unbounce is ours!

Feel free to connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and ConversionLab.no. Oh - and I give away some free (basic but helpful) tips on how to improve your conversion rates. Feel free to sign up È

I have learned so much about CRO from the online community here at Unbounce and in general, and I try my best to contribute wherever I can. You’ll see me jump in with some tips and replies here and there. I hope you all do the same - and together we can learn from each other!

Talk to you soon!

Long time Unbounce user, big time fan. Justin, great intro to the new community…it’s a much-needed upgrade!

About me: I am a co-founder of Workshop Digital in Richmond, VA. We’re a 23-person strong SEO/PPC/CRO/LPO shop with a heavy focus on analytics and helping our clients close more sales, not just gather more leads. When we’re not tethered to a computer, we’re usually playing foosball, out for a team trivia night, or working on our golf game. And we’re hiring!

No lies, adding Unbounce and LPO to our PPC game has probably been the single best decision we’ve made as a company. It has opened our eyes to a whole new world beyond just buying clicks. They didn’t even have to pay me to say that, but I am a huge believer in the product.

Another reason I’m here - our team has learned so much about Unbounce and CRO from the community, blog, tutorials, and other users that we feel obligated and privileged to share what we have discovered back with the group. I try to jump in on threads in the community, and feel free to hit me up with questions.

Userlevel 7

I’m a recent addition to the Customer Success team here at Unbounce. I’m a Technical Support Coach, which means I help our users by diving into complex technical issues and bugs that have left them stumped. I’m new to the Community, and hope to become more actively involved!

Working at Unbounce, it’s hard not to be a dog person. Our office dogs are just so darn cute. I don’t think it would fly, but I wouldn’t mind having an office cat as well:

My aim is to get my hands dirty and start making some positive contributions to the Community, so I hope to see all of you real soon!

Hi all, 
My name is Rosi and I’’m a Product Evangelist at a payment infrastructure startup in Brazil. I’m working with Unbounce for about 3-4 months now to manage the promotional pages of the company. 

In 2011 I decided to stop pursing the corporate life to become an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship grew so much in me that I got deeply involved with fostering the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Brazil in which later led me to found the Brazilian Association of Startups with a group of great people. After 3 years I decided it was time to join a startup team and devote my passion to an amazing product. Than I joined the currently company I work with. I’m the second employee after the founders.

My past position was Operations, but my communicative profile led me to Marketing - which I completely found myself in. But If I was’t doing this I would probably become a maker and live life through my craftsmanship in an very folk style. 

I have two akitas living an apartment. Yes I’’m a dog person! 

Besides all that I love to help and share my tips and tricks =]
Btw If you guys ever come to S‹o Paulo, Brazil, give me a shout! We will drink some Caipirinhas together. 

Hi Everyone,

This is a great idea, my name is Stuart and I’m part of a small team running a web design and digital marketing agency called Digital Enrich. After 15 years of working as a freelance web designer while also keeping a full time day job going  (17 years in sales, team and project management) I realised I needed to start doing the job that  I love full time and DE was born.

I focus on the more technical projects, looking after our infrastructure, coding, building the functionality for new clients websites and making sure they actually generate business. In short I’m the geeky nethead of our bunch who solves the problems nobody else wants to tackle! (oh an I occasionally make an awesome coffee!)

We are based in the UK and use Unbounce for about 5 of our clients so far but there will be another one coming over to the platform in the next 2-3 weeks! I love the system and I can see some real improvements happening lately which is great.

I see we have a wealth of expertise, experience and knowledge in the community here and I’m really looking forward to pitching in so we can all accomplish our goals together. 

Stop, think, use the force, there’s always a solution!

Hey all,  it’s great to see this community growing! 

I’m Jay, currently an Online Marketing Analyst @ Laserfiche. We offer an ECM solution that can be tailored to every company’s needs.

My position is fairly encompassing - I handle all SEO/SEM/CRO/website optimizatio nefforts and am part of a wider 3 person digital strategy team. 

We’ve used unbounce for about 2 years now, with 300+ landing pages - I absolutely love the a/b testing functionality! I’m a huge proponent of user-centered design and believe that we can all make the internet a better experience for everyone! 

Hello there!
My name is Novita, but all of my friends (that includes you!) call me Vivi. I’ve spent 2 magnificent years living at Unbounce land as a Product Designer. What I love about working here is I could spend my entire day daydreaming (thinking), nerding out (researching) and designing ideas or ways to craft the best possible user experience within the Unbounce app. You’ll also find me and my other fellow product designers continuously delivering updates about new cool features and templates in Unbounce as well as gathering feedback about our current features.

While not poking holes at Unbounce, I knit, sew, and spend ridiculous amount of time reading or scouting new handcrafting tips and trick. You are more than welcome to connect with me on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, or checkout some of my previous works.

So Cats or dogs?
It’s hard to say, I love both but I’m just terribly scared of them.
Seriously.
Scared.

(recent update: I’m starting a dog therapy with our Director of Customer Success, Ryan and his dog, Toby).

All in all, I’m really excited as you all are to be a part of this community and I’m looking forward to talk or meet you guys soon!

Hi Everyone

My name is Amit and I’m pretty new here and probably the apprentice of the bunch! Excited to be here to mostly learn but also to share if I can!

I’ve been using Unbounce for about 6 months now, but before that was a keen follower of the blog for two years.

My core skills are strategy, planning and marketing. From 2008 to 2012 I worked as a freelance business consultant and coach, working with decision makers to help them with long-term strategies and tactics, as well as helping facilitate the process. This took a natural progression towards project managing web development projects. Slowly I got drawn into the addictive and exciting world of online marketing and started reading blogs around CRO, LPO and data-driven methods such as Analytics etc. hence where I found Unbounce.

In December last year I decided to take the leap and dive out there on my own. I am certified by Google now in Analytics and currently studying Adwords. I offer a model of digital coaching for small businesses, was well as campaign management and website optimisation. I’m building slowly and organically so working with smaller clients at the moment.

I have a love of design (and can use Photoshop and Illustrator) and have worked with lots of designers and agencies over the past 15 years - and absolutely love the Unbounce platform and tools!

I am based in the UK, it’s just me and I use local freelancers until I get to a point where the business if bigger - as I’m still doing coaching and consulting on the side.

I love music - am a Barbershop singer, in a quartet and chorus, love swimming and have 3 kids who take up all the rest of my time!

I love dogs, Star Wars for deep thought provoking insights, Star Trek for awesome tech, and Dumb Ways To Die is my fav Marketing Campaign of all time - Dollar Photo Club pretty close …

Feel free to connect on LinkedIn and my temporary website (a one-pager) is done in Unbounce!

Looking forward to connecting more over the coming months!

Cheers

Amit

You say ‘apprentice’… but with your history in consulting, coaching and strategy - not to mention a knack for music, a love for design, and a passion for marketing - you’re probably the most well rounded person in this thread. Happy to have you aboard, Amit! 😃

P.S. The Barbershop quartet is seriously awesome. 

Definitely taking you up on those Caipirinhas, Rosi! Can’t wait to meet your friends next week at Unbounce HQ. 

HAY HAY!

I’m the Customer Success Manager at Unbounce. Previously I was on our marketing team running social, so you may have talked to me/seen me chiming in on Twitter, Facebook, one of our other channels or around the web until Hayley took over!

Before I started here, I knew basically zip about landing pages… so nothing makes me happier than getting to spread the knowledge and help our amazing customers get the most out of Unbounce.

I’m interested in hearing all about you and your needs, as well as learning a few new tricks from some of the bright marketing minds in here 🙂

My hobbies include eating and drinking… and many outdoor sports because of the eating and drinking (although sometimes they still factor in there, too.)

Okay, it’s lunch timeÑso that’s all for now 😉

Chat with me whenever you want on Twitter, see my pics on Instagram and I’m on LinkedIn, too!

Userlevel 3

Happy to have so many Star Wars fans around! I’m a musician too and would love to hear your quartet sing!   ![](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1216189/RackMultipart20150604-10049-1dm6x3r-ezgif.com-add-text 3 inline.gif?1433450458 “Image: https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1216189/RackMultipart20150604-10049-1dm6x3r-ezgif.com-add-text__3__inline.gif?1433450458”)

Hey all, I’m Justin, and here’s a lil something about me:

• Are you a dog person? What’s your stance on cats? A both person. Have a dog and a cat. They’re both awesome. 

• Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars for sure. 

• Share your favourite GIF. Best movie ever.  

Hello all!

My name is Tim - Im the IT Technician here at Unbounce. Most of the time my role only requires me to deal with internal systems - so as part of getting to better understand our community I’m coming here (read - being forced to come here!) to introduce myself. If I wasn’t working at Unbounce I’d like to work as a full time sound designer and mastering engineer. 

Unfortunately I have literally no favourite marketing campaign - my time at Unbounce has been my first proper introduction to digital marketing. Ill come back to this one!

I am a big dog person. By which I mean I love big dogs. 

Star Trek. 

Cheers,
Tim. 
IT Technician @ Unbounce.com

Hello Community!

My name is Melissa and am the People & Culture Administrator at Unbounce! Feeling a little weird because you don’t know much landing pages? Don’t worry, me too. We’re in this together and we’ll become experts together!!

I can tell you I’m definitely a Star Wars gal. Maybe because Star Trek was a bit before my time… 

I AM CAT PERSON. In a big way. Cats just get me, probably because we’re both so fierce.

If you’re into it, you can always find me on LinkedIn and Instagram!!

Hello Community!

My name is Melissa and am the People & Culture Administrator at Unbounce! Feeling a little weird because you don’t know much landing pages? Don’t worry, me too. We’re in this together and we’ll become experts together!!

I can tell you I’m definitely a Star Wars gal. Maybe because Star Trek was a bit before my time… 

I AM CAT PERSON. In a big way. Cats just get me, probably because we’re both so fierce.

Nice to meet you!

(If you’re into it, you can always find me on LinkedIn and Instagram!!)

Thanks chaps great to be here - and yep Barbershop is awesome - would love to be on the other side of the pond - it’s not quite as big here as it is there! 

Great film! Both of them!

Great to see someone else from the UK here ! Good to meet you Stuart !

Hi Amit, always a pleasure to have someone else from our neck of the woods, looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas 🙂

The bloopers too… Amazing!

Hello there!  

For those of you who I haven’t met yet, I kid you not - Princess IS my real name (thanks to my lovely cousin).  And no, unfortunately, I’m not real royalty. 

Some of you may have “seen” me online at one of our Workshops.  In case we haven’t yet been acquainted, I’m a Marketing Educator here at Unbounce.  What does that mean exactly?  For me, it means running Workshops to help you get the most out of Unbounce.  From showing customers how to use certain features to co-hosting Workshops with industry experts, my goal is to make your marketing life easier and successful. 

Like Tim, I’m more of a DOG person.  One day, I hope to live in the company of a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain dog.

Nice to meet you!  :-) 

Hello there!  

For those of you who I haven’t met yet, I kid you not - Princess IS my real name (thanks to my lovely cousin).  And no, unfortunately, I’m not real royalty. 

Some of you may have “seen” me online at one of our Workshops.  In case we haven’t yet been acquainted, I’m a Marketing Educator here at Unbounce.  What does that mean exactly?  For me, it means running Workshops to help you get the most out of Unbounce.  From showing customers how to use certain features to co-hosting Workshops with industry experts, my goal is to make your marketing life easier and successful. 

Like Tim, I’m more of a DOG person.  One day, I hope to live in the company of a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain dog.

Nice to meet you!  :-) 

Hahahah… all the things gets me every time. Awesome to see you here Jay!

Hi guys (and girls)! 

My name is Simao and I work for Impact Teachers as a Marketing Manager. I’m currently responsible for all our digital strategy and online marketing and I’m a passionate growth hacker.

I’m an enthusiastic dog person and the best thing about working for Impact is our super cool office dog Rocky:

Please don’t be shy and follow me on twitter @simaosaco and LinkedIn.

Have a great day,
Simao Saco