Include Share and/or Referral feature in Confirmation Page

• 10 October 2014
  • 2 replies

After users submit their email, I want them to be able to share it with others. How can I include that in the confirmation page?

Also – Can I set up an auto confirmation email sent to their mail id?

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Hi Pritesh!

It sounds like you’re trying to do two different things here, so I’ll address them separately.

First, if you’re looking to have your leads share after submission, you’re most likely going to want to use some social sharing tools to do so. We offer some built in sharing functionality for Google+, Twitter and Facebook that make it easy to add sharing buttons on your page, or in this case, your form confirmation dialogue. Check out this link for instructions on how to add social sharing from within Unbounce.

If you want a little bit more flexibility with your sharing options, you could always embed the social sharing widgets directly from your service of choice by using the embed custom HTML feature. This way you have more flexibility over how they look, and the type of functionality they have. Check out this demo page for an example of how the Facebook widget can be customized.

Finally, if you’re looking to set up auto-confirmation emails that are sent to your leads after submission, you’re going to want to use a dedicated email platform that can achieve that. Luckily, we make it easy to integrate with a number of email clients such as MailChimp, AWeber and Constant Contact so that new lead captures will be added to their database automatically. From there, you would just need to set up an auto-responder in your email platform and configure the emails to fire off when a new lead is captured. Check out this article that explains how to set this up within MailChimp.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, Pritesh. 🙂

Hi there 

I’m loving Unbounce! By far the easiest platform for building site with no coding experience. Even better now that we can create responsive pages. 

For my landing page i’m wanting to incentivise users to refer friends by offering $5 credits. 

In order to do this I need to give users a unique code after they signup that they can share and we can then track. 

I’ve found several services that cater to this functionality, but many are quite pricey. 

Can anyone recommend anything to help achieve this functionality.