1: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
I am looking for improved archiving of previous tests, easier variant creation and better context.
2: What problems are you trying to solve?
- ( a ) Lack of historical context for discarded variants.
- ( b ) Minimal ability to organize discarded variants.
- ( c ) With many variants, we lose the ability to create duplicates from the editor (the link is off the screen).
3: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?
- ( a ) Our traffic can change day over day, week over week, etc. and because of this we have been taking screenshots, and resetting stats at the end of our tests. We’d like to be able to see more information about past tests for greater context.
- ( b ) Organizing old variants would allow us to keep them for reference within Unbounce. Eventually, we’ll need to export the ones we care about and remove all of them.
- ( c ) This would save us some time and frustration.
4: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)
- ( a ) As a user, I should be able to view test results in multiple contexts, as in the current test since I introduced new variants, as well as an average conversion rate over time. Doing so would allow me to better differentiate between multiple sequential tests and make more informed decisions on future tests.
- ( b ) As a user, I should be able to organize discarded variants for ease of future use so that I can clean up my view without completely removing them.
- ( c ) As a user I should be able to create duplicates of variants from the editor even if I have so many discarded variants that the dropdown is so long that I can’t see the duplicate link.
5: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
- ( a ) Taking screenshots, writing on a whiteboard, or sticking pieces of paper to my desk.
- ( b ) Letting our discard variants list fill up.
- ( c ) Looking at the champion we’d like to iterate on, taking notes on the types of hypothesis we’d like to test. Then we navigate to the page overview, create the variants we need and name them appropriately and then go into each one and make the changes.
6: Workarounds we could use but haven’t gone after yet.
- ( a ) We could absolutely use the Unbounce API to pull intraday stats (or so I am led to believe), as well as give our LP teams the ability to trigger a pull manually when tests are completed/started. If we ever want to have this data in tableau, we’ll be doing this regardless.
- ( b ) We could build out an internal wiki and post previous tests/screenshots there and simply archive or delete discarded variants once they have been logged. Not all of the teams using Unbounce have the same concern, so this isn’t something we’ve gone after yet.
7. Quick takeaways
- ( b ) The ability to assign variant groups the same way we could assign page groups. Simple dropdown show/hide for discarded variants would be immensely helpful.
- ( c ) The “Create Duplicate of Variant A” link could be moved to the top of the variant dropdown in the editor.