Implementing Facebook Conversion API

With the release of iOS14 and the disparition of third-party cookies, Facebook strongly encourages using their Conversion API to track Facebook Ads conversions, as the Facebook Pixel is becoming much less effective.

Wordpress and Shopify have already provided solutions, but nothing in Unbounce.

Have you been able to configure Facebook Conversion API with Unbounce? If so, could you quickly explain the main steps?

Cheers

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Ben773 thanks for bringing this up! To be honest, I’ve been waiting for someone to mention this here in the community to give me the excuse to share this blog post:

We worked closely with @Jonathan on this post and he shares his suggestions and resources for how to best prepare for this. But I’d love to start bringing that conversation here in the community.

Maybe Jonathan can weigh in when he has a moment? ☝️

-Jess

Badge +2

Hi @Ben773 ! It took us a while to figure out setting up CAPI for the platforms we work with, for instance Unbounce. The steps require a developer and someone who understands GTM fairly well. It involves installing a datalayer in Unbounce, creating a Google Cloud account, and configuring server side triggers in GTM. We’re currently doing it ourselves for all our clients using Unbounce.

Hello @Jess
Thanks for your answer. Very interesting article, I am surprised Unbounce has not been more active on this topic as it will strongly affect conversion rates. Wordpress and Shopify already have easy integrations available.

Hey @Jonathan
Thanks, I saw a step by step tutorial on YouTube on how to implement this method. It’s definitely the best way to implement it but it’s a time-consuming process for freelancers with small budget clients. I’ll probably look at other LP builders to see if I can find faster setups

Hello @Ben773. Could you please share this tutorial?

I’m facing the same situation, once our costumers has no budget for a programmer or anything else needed.

Let’s find out together a simpler solution.

Thks in advance.

Hey Primo,
There is finally an easy way with Zappier !

Just replace ActiveCampaign with Unbounce 😉

Thank you so much for sharing! Have a good one!

Has anyone managed to get this to work well with Unbounce? I tried to do this but I can’t get the server event to work. Can anyone help?

Hi @Jonathan Could you share some tutorial on how to do this through GTM?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing, Ben

Badge +2

Hi @luizmelo ! Sadly we don’t have a tutorial (yet). It’s been a case by case process and every client has their quirks. Lastly the process has changed a few times as we perfect it. Hopefully we can share something in the near future 🙂

Why not using the Zapier way?

Has there been any update on this front?

Does anyone have an update on this?

It’s hard to believe this is still unresolved. Unbounce!?

Any updates on the “near future”?

Badge +2

Not yet on my end!

I think this a needed feature.
For us it’s a stay or not stay with this system…

It seems like Unbounce doesn’t understand the need that we have on this and is putting zero resources into it.

They produce a nice shiny product, but once you get under the bonnet it is a jumbled mess. Hacks are required to do really simple things, don’t expect any difference with this issue…

Hey @luizmelo, I think I’ve found what you need. Might be too late though but possibly useful for anyone else:

https://stape.io/blog/facebook-conversion-api-for-unbounce

I haven’t tried it but I intend to or maybe go the zapier way …