I’ve noticed a fairly big issue with testing

Lets say I’m running a test on mobile and desktop, the test ends up delivering a 10% lift, awesome right?

No.

How do I know that my test is successful on both mobile and desktop? What if it’s only the desktop test that is a winner and in fact the mobile test has decreased my CR?

I wouldn’t know that unless I’m measuring conversions in say Google Analytics where I can separate by device.

There’s things I can do to fix this. 1 is only run a test on one device at the moment, but why would I want to do that? I’m trying to optimise my whole design, not just mobile and not just desktop.

The other is to use different urls for mobile and desktop, not the end of the world but definitely not ideal. But that means I have to use twice the amount of pages in unbounce, which if I’m operating at large scale costs me more money. Maybe you’ve done this by design?

The easiest way to fix this problem is to split the stats in unbounce. Instead of showing visitors, conversions and conversion rates as aggregate values. Why not show desktop visits, desktop conversions, mobile visits, mobile conversions etc.

Then I can easily run tests on both mobile and desktop at the same time without having to use twice the amount of pages or measure my conversions externally.

8 Likes

Hey Liam,

I kind of love this post! You’re tapping into something that a lot of our engineers are currently laser-focussed on. I’m not in a position to say much more, but I will say that this is definitely on our radar.

As much as I love Google Analytics, it would be nice to have the entire picture built right into the page overview to see where your traffic is converting, rather than having to go to a third party. For now, that’s the reality in the page overview I’m afraid.

Our Product Managers are conducting some research over the next few months into what kind of improvements would be the most helpful for our users, would you be interested in chatting with them about this? It seems as though you’ve done your homework here and I’d love to get an overview of your experience with the product, and how we can make it better. Let me know and I’ll send you a DM to set up a meeting.

Keep the feedback coming, it really does make a big impact!

-Jess

3 Likes

Hey Jess,

Absolutely I would be happy to do that. I have to schedule a call with Jordana as well, just been crazy busy lately. If you could please DM me and we can set up a time.

Thank you

1 Like

I’ll bridge the gap and invite Jordana to the meeting. DM incoming!

-Jess

1 Like

This feature would be a tremendous help. Please add this feature soon!

3 Likes