I need to create a pop up form using the lightbox effect

• 6 August 2015
  • 7 replies

I already have a form on my landing page and would like to add an additional way to access a different registration form via clicking on a button and having it pop up. I looked through the forums and only found old posts and the script provided was only for pages that did not already have a form on it. Since my page already has a form on it, I believe I am missing something from the below script.

Any ideas?

The procedure was as follows:

(Placed within the

of the javascript section)

(Placed on the button properties)

1. Action: Go to URL
  2. Link: of unbounce page page with the form size 663x511
    3. Target: Same Window (_self)

Thanks everyone

7 replies

I forgot, the link that was given for more information no longer exists.

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/21698744-How-to-get-a-button-link-to-open-a-lightbox-iframe-webp…

Hi Charles,

This is a common question and the good news is it’s not that hard. I’m going to give you a link to a tutorial that shows you how to create a popup lightbox for terms and conditions etc but the idea is the same and can be applied to popup your other form. 

It’s a neat trick, if you do get stuck ping a message back and I’m sure one of us can help further.

http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203805714-Adding-and-Editing-Buttons-and-Confirm…

Cheers

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I followed the directions in your link and it didn’t appear to work. When clicking on the button, it just takes me to the other page I created to house that pop up form like it did before. I think it may still be conflicting with the form that is currently on the page. 

Hi Charles,

I’m sure we can get this working. Can you post the code you’re using including the url for the pop-up form and the element names of the hyperlink that needs to open the lightbox. I’ll get it working on an example and then send you a customised working version.

Cheers

Stuart.

Hi Charles, 

Have you been able to get this working on your end? The links that Stuart sent over were correct, so hopefully things went smoothly after a few tries.

Also, I would consider taking a look at Johnny’s script on GitHub which could be a shortcut to get the functionality you’re looking for. Take a look here: https://gist.github.com/johnnyopao/ee58344410873e6c7406

Lastly, just wanted to thank Stuart for offering to troubleshoot. Alternatively, you can always contact our support team at support@unbounce.com and one of our friendly support coaches can walk you through it… but either way, the Community is happy to help out. :) 

Cheers, 

I have not been able to get it working yet, so just moved onto completing the rest of the page. I am done with the page so will be reaching out to support. Thanks so much Justin, you guys here are great!

UPDATE: 

We’ve released a new feature into beta that allows you to build/launch your lightboxes directly within the page builder itself. This new release will allow you to add images, videos and even forms to your lightboxes. You’ll also be able to collect and attribute the leads/conversions you collect back to the original page. 

Go check it out and sign up for the beta  here