I made 5 landing pages. Deleted everything. Went back to basics, and saw the highest signup rate

• 5 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hey guys,

just wanted to share this little story with you all! It might even help a few of you…

So as the title says I made 5 landing pages. Each new one I made more elaborate and detailed than the former. I was expecting more and more signups with each iteration.

Signups came to a halt.

It started to annoy me a little bit. I added more detail, more GIF’s, more pictures, more copy. More, more, and more equalled less, less, and less signups.

So I scrapped every one of them. Went back to the original, cut out a load of the bullshit and went with the bare minimum.

Straight to the point. Only kept what was crucially needed.

The most basic landing page, barley a page long.

Which is converting higher than anything else I’ve tried so far. (Let’s hope it does at scale too with FB ads).

I think in marketing and entrepreneur life, in general, we tend to see more as more, and less as less. But sometimes the most simple and easy things are best kept that way.

Very first landing page (30th April) 10% conversion rate

(as I’m a new user I can’t share more than 2 links, so I will add the others as a comment, so you check out the worst converting landing pages!!)

FINAL FORM… 12-14.5% conversion rate

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE VIRAL LOOP CONVERSION AT THE END TOO… WE GOING VIRAL BABY!!!

2 replies

MY WORST CONVERTING LANDING PAGES

Second landing page 7% conversion rate

Third - Subset of my niche (interviewers) 1% conversion rate

Badge

Lou thanks for sharing.

FYI on the “Final Form” version your testimonial copy was displaying over the image.