How to track custom conversion on bing ads, need HELP

• 4 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user of Unbounce and I am trying to figure out how can I Track clicks on specific buttons on my landing page and use them as conversion Goal in my bing ads campaigns .

I am running PPC Ads on bing but I am not able to track conversions i.e. how many people click on my CTA button.

Here is the article by microsoft https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/ads/en/56913/2-500
But I am finding it difficult to apply on unbounce.

P.S. : It is a click through page so i can’t track them through a thank you page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Nikhil!

You might find what you’re looking for in this community post:

Give that a look and tell me if you find the information you need 🙂

-Jess

Hey nik,

Tracking Bing Ads custom conversions allows you to monitor specific actions users take on your website beyond just page visits. This valuable data helps you understand the effectiveness of your campaigns and optimize them for better results. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to track custom conversions on Bing Ads:

1. Set up Universal Event Tracking (UET):

This is the foundation for tracking conversions on Bing Ads. You'll need to add a UET tag to all pages of your website. This tag fires a snippet of code whenever a user interacts with your website, sending data back to Bing Ads.

2. Create a Conversion Goal:

Once you have UET set up, head to the "Conversion goals" page in your Bing Ads account. Here, you can define what constitutes a conversion for your business. This could be things like:

• Completing a purchase
  • Signing up for a newsletter
  • Downloading a white paper
  • Clicking a specific button

For custom conversions, you'll want to choose the "Custom event" goal type.

3. Define your Custom Event:

When creating a custom event goal, you'll need to specify how Bing Ads should identify the desired action. You can do this in two ways:

• Destination URL: If the conversion happens on a specific page (e.g., a "Thank you" page after a purchase), you can define the URL as the conversion trigger.
  • JavaScript snippet: For more complex actions that don't involve a specific URL change, you can use a custom JavaScript snippet to fire the conversion event when the action occurs.

4. Test and Verify:

Before launching your campaigns, ensure your conversion tracking is working correctly. Use the Bing Ads UET Test Tool to verify that the tag is firing as expected and your conversion goals are set up properly.

5. Monitor and Analyze:

Once your campaigns are running, you can track your custom conversion data in the Bing Ads reporting dashboard. Analyze how different campaigns and ad groups contribute to your desired conversions, and use this data to optimize your campaigns for better performance.

You can use the Google Tag Manager as well for ease of setup.