How to implement customizable jquery Tooltip function on a link, text (or Image)?

• 5 March 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi,

How can implement a customizable Tooltip function to a “know more” a link, a text block, a div or (less ideally but could work) an image ?

I tried to use a title attribute on a “know more” image but the result is very poor.
The text shown been quite long, the default 1 long line image title tooltip is not attractive graphically.
I have not found a way to insert line break using a br tag for instance.

I tried to insert a jquery.tools javascript (http://jquerytools.org/demos/tooltip/…) but had not enough tech knowledge/wizdom to manage to make it work.
I am not even sure the solution works in unbounce.

I found other option like qtip2.com but once again I have not evough tech capacity to make one work, should they be comptatible with the current version of unbounce.

Last as jqery 1.4.2 is installed on my lp, I imagined there was a way to tweak a mouseover funcion. Yet I don’t know how to do it or even adapt the css…

Well, as you see, I’m stuck and I turn to the comunity to see if someone have implemented a tooltip solution.

May you can share some tips, tweaks, online ressource to check or alternate idea. All would be very welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastien

5 replies

To whom may be interested, I finally got a CSS based Tooltip working in an HTML block.
I tried many but the most friendly one happened to be http://cbracco.me/a-simple-css-tooltip/

Enjoy
Sebastien

After 9 years…

Do you have that script? 

That link is not leading to it anymore. 

Chances of success of this message: 3%.

Thanks!.

Dario.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Dario777 ! Taking a shot in the dark here as I’d love to be the 3% you’re referring to haha.

Not sure exactly what you’re looking to accomplish from a design perspective but we do have a Community Workaround from a previous Unbouncer with a similar setup…

Have a peek at this functionality and let me know if this gets you what you’re looking for.

Enjoy the day!

Phil

Thanks!
For some reason that code isn´t working for me anymore. 

Some added an updated code at the end of the thread, but I had no succes neither. 

I´ll post a comment there, though, to see if anyone else has some opinion on it. 

Thanks for being my 3%!

D.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ah well hopefully that helps get you closer to what you’re looking for! I’d also recommend posting the URL to the page so others can investigate.

Best of luck!