How to ensure personal email addresses are not entered as input in LP forms?

• 26 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We have a few active Landing pages as part of our digital campaigns. While we have specified “business email ID” in our forms, we have been getting a lot of personal email addresses and wanted a way to ensure that only business email addresses are entered on our landing page form. From the community discussions, I have used the following code but it is not helping us accept only non-personal email IDs as input. Could you someone let us know what the error is and how can we fix it? Not sure if this is relevant, we do have a GTM container active for accurate tracking. I am not really sure if that is interfering with the JS that we are trying to run. Here is the code below. Please help! Cheers!

Script:

/**

• Do not remove this section; it allows our team to troubleshoot and track feature adoption.
  • TS:0002-07-017
    */
    setTimeout(function(){
    lp.jQuery(function($) {

// Replace email_address with the actual ID of your form field.
var field = ‘email_address’;

// Optionally change this to customize the validation error that your visitors will see if they enter a webmail address.
var message = ‘Please enter your work mail address.’;

var rules = module.lp.form.data.validationRules[field];
$.validator.addMethod(‘notWebmail’, function(value, field) {
var valid = /@(?!(me|mac|icloud|gmail|googlemail|hotmail|live|msn|outlook|yahoo|ymail|aol).)/.test(value.toLowerCase());
return valid || (!rules.required && !value);
}, message);
rules.notWebmail = true;
});
}, 500);

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @ishanisircar your line of regex isn’t correct. It should be the following…

var valid = /\@(?!(me|mac|icloud|gmail|googlemail|hotmail|live|msn|outlook|yahoo|ymail|aol)\.)/.test(value.toLowerCase());

Thank you @Kyle.C .

We were still facing a problem with the code. The JS was not running even after publishing the code. Here is a piece of code that our team came up with. This is working for us.

Code (in the attached file):
Block_FreeDomain_Email_JS.pdf (76.3 KB)

script src=“https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js”>
script>

(document).ready(function(){ (’#lp-pom-button-65’).attr(‘disabled’,‘disabled’);
('#lp-pom-button-65').css({'curosr': 'not-allowed'}); // Please include the email domains you would like to block in this list var invalidDomains = ["@gmail.","@GMAIL.","@yahoo.","@YAHOO.","@hotmail.","@HOTMAIL.","@live.","@LIVE.","@aol.","@AOL.","@outlook.","@OUTLOOK.","@rediffmail.","@REDIFFMAIL." , "@yandex." , "@YANDEX." , "@mail." , "@MAIL." , "@email." , "@EMAIL."]; var regex =/^([a-zA-Z0-9_\.\-\+])+\@(([a-zA-Z0-9\-])+\.)+([a-zA-Z0-9]{2,4})+/;

$('#business_email').on('keyup keypress keydown', function(e) {

$('#container_business_email .error').remove();
        var email = $("#business_email").val();
         if(email){
            if(regex.test(email)){
                if(!isEmailGood(email)) {
                  $('#lp-pom-button-65').attr('disabled','disabled');
                  $("#business_email").after('<span class="error" style="color:red;font-size:11px;position:absolute;bottom:-14px;font-weight:bold;">Must be Business email.</span>');
                  $('#lp-pom-button-65').css({'curosr': 'not-allowed'});

}else{

$('#lp-pom-button-65').removeAttr("disabled", "disabled");
                    $('#lp-pom-button-65').css({'curosr': 'pointer'});
                }
            }else{
                $('#lp-pom-button-65').css({'curosr': 'not-allowed'});
            }
          }
});
function isEmailGood(email) {
for(var i=0; i < invalidDomains.length; i++) {
  var domain = invalidDomains[i];
  if (email.indexOf(domain) != -1) {
    return false;
  }
}
return true;

}

});

We were using the form validation feature here. Please replace the button ID (lp-pom-button-65) with the relevant ID. Hope this helps!

Cheers! Happy New Year!