How to copy formatting from one element to the other?

• 20 June 2013
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I’m stuck. I have set up custom buttons to fit my brand’s identity. There’s quite a lot of formatting involved on those buttons, so I’d like to copy this formatting to a new, unformatted button, that was automatically added when I inserted a from element.

Here, I'd like to copy the style of the 'continue' button to the 'submit' button

Thing is, I can’t find any ‘copy formatting’ button… What am I supposed to do ? Manually enter the gradient, shadow and font information again ? I would like to avoid having to go through that.

Thanks,
Theo

4 replies

Hi Theo,

Typically you can just duplicate a button to replicate the styling but in the case of the form’s button, you will (unfortunately) have to manually renter the styles. Copying the form button from one idea to another is a good idea though so I’ve changed this thread from a question to an idea.

Sorry I couldn’t give you the answer you wanted to this one…

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.
Too bad there’s no option of even manually changing the CSS class of the form buttons, it’s quite a pain to replicate all the styling from scratch.
Hopefully this feature will be made available soon,

Best,
Theo

Hey Theo - even though you can’t *change* the class of the buttons, they all share the class .lp-pom-button. Would it work for you to write some custom CSS using that class?

Hey Ryan,
I will try that, cheers