How to accept and pass values between unbounce pages using web hooks and get method url params

• 20 March 2013
  • 8 replies

So here is the task.

I’m using external ads from various places to send traffic to my unbounce landing page.

I will pass in via get method url string params an id value called ‘adsourceid’ that I want to catch in my unbounce page and set a hidden var to that value. i just have a button with a click action on that page that sends the visitor to another unbounce page with a form on it.

How do i attach the passed in var value to the link url so it sends it along to the next unbounce page with a form on it? (like setting var=_GET[‘adsourceid’]; in php ) (Because the button does not have the check box to append value to link url because it is not a form and i cant just make a form with a submit button and a hidden field)

Then how do i catch that var value from the get url param and set a hidden field in my form to that value?

if I can get the vars to travel through the pages to the form i can send them to my external url’s via webhooks.and have a click track put into my crm.

or maybe using a post method would work better but still same questions as to how to pass a value down the sales funnel.

also how to pass the unbounce post values like variant page id url etc…

So in the end form i can load up a bunch of hidden values in the form with all the click tract data and pass it out to my crm and my php web app.

8 replies

Hey Jeff,

On page 1, add this javascript to your page’s head:

That will pass GET parameters from Page 1 along to Page 2 (with button clicks). Since the params will then be passed to Page 2 which contains your form, the next bit is super easy.

Just add a hidden field to your Unbounce form called “adsourceid” and the field will automatically be populated with the GET param value.

We’ve got a video that demonstrates how to set this up at http://support.unbounce.com/entries/3…

Userlevel 3

Hey Jeff!

We added the ability to pass incoming URL parameters to your click through button links. No need to use javascript to accomplish this goal anymore. Check out the support article below for details.

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/2…

Too bad you don’t offer that to text links too.

what is the java script code for when check box in and button text need to be change . please help me

Hi Miraz, 

I’m going to reach out to you directly via email to see if we can help you out here. Hang tight!

Hi Justin please see the image i want to When the box is checked, the button text should say “BESTILL LANDBRUKSKONTROLL OG AKTIV BEDRIFT”

When the box is unchecked, the button should say
“BESTILL KUN LANBRUKSKONTROLL”

which code i use here? pleae send it to me.

please give me a replay . anybody here?

Hi Miraz,

I’ve reached out to you directly via email, let’s continue the conversation there.

Thanks!