How do you achieve this?

Hi you awesome, good lookin’ people,

I am trying to grow my list (after neglecting it for a decade) and I was wondering if someone here can tell me how you folks at Unbounce do this?

Is it a form builder you use? Or is it a convertable that’s embedded? Please let me know if you can.

Ash

Hi Ash!

Thanks for asking about our forms. :slight_smile: Long story short, it’s MAGIC!

Just kidding. It’s good old fashioned Marketing Automation!

We embed Hubspot forms into our blog posts and customize the CSS to include images and our on-brand colours. It then integrates directly into our Hubspot system when someone fills out the form. All the fields and confirmation pages are customized from directly within Hubspot and you have the ability to just use standard branding, too, if you don’t want to go about any extra design work.

Here’s a handy article from Husbpot’s knowledge base if you wanna see a little more under the hood: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-to-embed-a-form-or-cta-in-a-wordpress-post-or-page

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Chelsea :slight_smile:

Hey @ChelseaScholz

So, it’s hubspot. Unfortunately, I don’t use it and the tool is beyond my budget right now. How else do you think we can replicate this with something else I already have? Say, will SumoMe help? Please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks a ton for the help :slightly_smiling_face:

Ash

Hey Ash!

I think SumoMe might do the trick (although in full transparency, I haven’t
used SumoMe personally). I did a little digging this morning and it seems
that you should be able to create an in-line form and embed it into your
landing page/site using SumoMe. See below (3rd checkbox):

Yeah, @ChelseaScholz,

1. Just got Sumo and I am working on this :slight_smile: Hopefully, this should work.
  2. I also styled the forms from the Email provider and dropped them right under the blog posts (specific offers close to the topic the blog posts are about).
  3. Also, I tried to play around with convertables and while I always knew that there was a way to show highly relevant ones on specific pages, I didn’t do much with it. Now, I’ve have about three convertables and each of them is set up to show on specific pages related to the offer. Feels good, just writing that.

Ash

1. Awesome.
  2. Awesome.
  3. AWESOME. :raised_hands:

Sounds like you’ve got a good strategy going there, @Ashwin_Satyanarayana. Let me know how it pans out for you!

Thank you @ChelseaScholz

But no matter what I do, I just don’t get those pretty forms you guys have on your blog posts :slight_smile: Especially, that glossy look as you hover on the form.

Ash

So, @ChelseaScholz,

You didn’t think I’d let you go that easy, eh?

I noticed that on this blog post “Lessons Learned from 2,345, 864 Exit Overlay visitors”, you had put in a small blue box trying to explain what an overlay or a convertable is.

It was a click-triggered convertable. Now, I don’t see options to build this sort of thing? Or am I missing something?

Ash

Hey @ChelseaScholz,

Please save the time. I figured it out. I am using Divi so we can just create a wide button with CTA and have a convertable pop up when clicked.

This is fine for all the new posts I’ll write.

Seems impossible to do for over 140 odd posts that I’d need slightly relevant CTAs to go out there.

Phew, I can’t be rebuilding each of those posts now. Looking to see if Sumo can make this easier maybe :slight_smile:

Ash

Hi Ash!

Sorry for the late reply here – we were busy over the last few days with #CTAConf!

We use Unbounce Convertables to build that overlay (and many others!). If you go into the Unbounce landing page builder there’s a section on the left called Convertables. See image below:

Once you’re in there you can build overlays for any page based on whatever behaviour you’d like (on click, on scroll, on exit, etc.).

:slight_smile: