How do I tell which of my users created a certain page?

• 22 October 2014
  • 6 replies

Is there a way to tell basic information about a page, such as the author, time/date of creation, last changes, etc? We collaborate on our landing pages and it would be good to be able to track changes at least on a very basic level.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Ben - right now, while we do offer multi-user support, we don’t provide a way to track who has last made a change to a page.

Longer term, it is something we’re looking into. Our UX team is currently exploring different ways to upgrade the apps overall interface, potentially including a change log.

What sort of info would you want at minimum? And also ideally?

Thanks, Quinn.

At a minimum I would like all the info that you can typically see of documents in a file folder; such as:

created by, created date, last modified date, last modified by, size - and to see this info for each variant separately.

Ideally, I would also like to track changes in a log and be able to revert to a specific state. I use Google docs for a lot of collaboration, and I really like how granular I can get with the change log. Also, being able to see which of my team members are currently editing which document is such a great collaboration tool. Finally, the ability to add notes to a particular project would be amazing.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Awesome. Thanks, Ben!

I’ll make sure our Product team gets your feedback. I’m also going to go ahead and change this thread from a Question to an Idea, so if anyone else is keen on the same feature, they can upvote it.

I did find notes, by the way - but not very prominently displayed… still helpful, though!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ah, yes. Sorry–I was just thinking of automated tracking, so mentioning page notes, didn’t even dawn on me. Glad you found it in the interim!

We’ve come across the need for at least a “Created date” for each variant (possibly by the “Updated” text beneath the variant name?). That would help quickly gauge how long a test has been running in case you had to make a small fix sometime after you published a page.