How do I redirect an old subdomain that was once attached to unbounce?

• 15 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Ooooooold customer. Haven’t actually used Unbounce for a long time.

However, when I did, I had set up some pages hosted on my site, one of which was https://relaunch.tommy.ismy.name.

After a while, I stopped using unbounce and the account was deactivated, but the sub sub domain is still in place.

I could mess around with the DNS records, but I don’t really know what I’m doing there. Ultimately, I just want to redirect the relaunch sub sub domain to the normal tommy.ismy.name

Any thoughts?

1 reply

Hey there, Tommy!

My name is Jordan with the Unbounce customer support team.

When you canceled your Unbounce subscription, the subdomain (relaunch.tommy.ismy.name) was removed from your account. This means that the Unbounce servers don’t handle requests for your subdomain anymore, so we can’t apply any redirects from our end right now.

My best recommendation would be checking with your hosting provider to see if they can redirect any requests from relaunch.tommy.ismy.name to tommy.ismy.name like you suggested.

Unbounce does have a native redirect feature, but this is only available for paid subscriptions. This is available on all our current plans if you’re interested, but to be frank, it wouldn’t make sense to purchase a subscription just to direct traffic to a different location. With this is mind, I would definitely recommend calling your hosting provider to see if they can offer a solution directly 🙂

Cheers,
Jordan