How do I put Google Maps in a lightbox?

• 23 October 2015
  • 8 replies

I need to add an address text on my landing page that when clicked should show the address on google map within a popup modal window. Can you suggest how this can be done 

8 replies

I think you will need to create a separate site with the google map and then link it with a pop up:

Here is a more detail explanation: /topics/popup_form_window 

Cheers,  

Hi Rishi,

You should be able to turn that text into a link to Google maps and use the lightbox that’s built into unbounce. Once you’ve turned the text into am href check in the properties pane on the right in the page builder and you should see a tick box for lightbox. Then all you need to do is tweak and style and you should get what your after. Because it’s a page that’s already built e.g Google maps, you should just be able to use their page url without needing to create an additional page yourself.

Cheers

Stuart

This is a way better solution

Thanks Kenji although your answer will allow greater customisations of the content so to be fair both will do the job

AB test it! 😃

Thanks Stuart & Kenji. I am trying Stuart’s suggestion, but when I create a link from my text, I do not see the tick box for lightbox in the Properties panel. Is there something I might be missing?

Hi Rishi, 

Welcome to the Community! What Stuart is recommending is using our new Lightbox feature to achieve this modal popup window. At this point in time though the built-in lightboxes don’t work with text links due to a limitation of our text editor. A quick and dirty workaround to this would be to simply create an invisible button with the lightbox feature and overlay it over the text link instead. It’s not the most lovely solution, but it should give you the functionality you’re looking for. Check out how to do this here: http://screencast.com/t/L3EowY9rp

UPDATE: 

We’ve released a new feature into beta that allows you to build/launch your lightboxes directly within the page builder itself. This new release will allow you to add images, videos, forms and even scripts (such as Google Maps) to your lightboxes. 

Go check it out and sign up for the beta  here