How Could I Create A Free Plus Shipping Funnel Using Unbounce And Shopify?

I am using Shopify for my store and have been using Unbounce to build my email list.

I would like to create a free plus shipping offer for one of my products and have an offer bump/upsell.

Here’s the sequence:

1. Free Plus Shipping offer page
  2. Upsell (if yes, add to cart and proceed to checkout. If not proceed to checkout)
  3. Checkout
  4. Thank you

I suspect I could use the Shopify buttons app.

Has anyone here created one?

What would I need to do to move customers through this funnel efficiently?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Corey!

Welcome to the community 🎉

I’m going to ping @Stefano and @Jonathan here, they each have a ton of experience in the e-commerce space. Very excited to see how this works, keep us updated!

-Jess

Badge +2

Thanks @Jess 🙂

@CoreyK Great question. We’ve done this many times!

This is how we make it work:

Step 1: CTA on Free Plus Shipping offer page directs user to another UB LP

Step 2: Your 2nd LP is where the upsell takes place. You would have your upsell options (ex: yes or no) on this page. The CTAs on this page can utilize the Shopify buy button, or can be linked to unique checkout URLs.

Step 3: Checkout/Purchase

Here’s an example with more upsells worked into it:
https://start.webistry.com/cramp-defense/

Thank you both. Simpler than I imagined.

Badge

That LP looks awesome.

I realise you may not want to go into specific numbers but do you find that a lot of users buy the upsells?

Badge +2

Absolutely! Ans thanks for the compliment!

Badge

Are you able to get into specific data like conversion rates overall and percentage of users who buy the upsell?

I understand if not,

Thanks

Badge +2

I’d love to, and for some clients I can, but for this one in particular I cannot. Sorry about that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That’s a great questions, @Cameron_R, I’ll see if I can find some stats around CR% of upsells to send to you. It might depend on the industry you’re in, and what the offer is.

-Jess

Badge

No worries i understand thank you.

Are you able to share some of those stats on the other clients? (the ones you can)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That’s typically not something we encourage here in the community as it’s a public forum. If you’re eager to find some stats based on industry, check out the Conversion Benchmark Report – it gives an overview of average conversion rate per industry.

Hope that helps!

-Jess