Hosting Questions and First time setup

• 19 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi so where looking into using Unbounce to create landing pages to use for our advertising that we are doing with an advertising newspaper online. I had a couple of question I was hopping to get answered.

Would I need to host the landing pages on my own site? or can I use unbounce to do it all from there? Can I create multiple landing pages to Split test Eveything?

Would I need to host it on my website for the url to show our company name?

The reason we are using unbounce is because are current websites needs a major redesign and that wont be ready for a few months, and we dont want to waste money advertising and sending them to our website page.

We would be sending the traffic to our page to collect leads and send them information about our product

Thank you for your help!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @redthumb, first welcome 🙂

Answers inline below …

Would I need to host the landing pages on my own site? or can I use unbounce to do it all from there? Can I create multiple landing pages to Split test Eveything?

Unbounce is a cloud app. You do not need to host anything, that is all taken care of on Unbounce’s end, just choose the plan that best suits your needs. As for multiple LPs - of course! This is why UB exists 😛 You can create any combination of MVT (Multi Variant Testing) or A/B testing you want. There are plenty of people here in the community to help and lots of great documentation.

Would I need to host it on my website for the url to show our company name?

No. You need to create a URL via your ISP. Then import that URL to Unbounce. There are instruction how to do this, it is very easy. http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203661044-Mapping-Your-Landing-Page-Domain-CNAME-Records-

The reason we are using unbounce is because are current websites needs a major redesign and that wont be ready for a few months, and we dont want to waste money advertising and sending them to our website page.

Sounds like a good plan. A lot of our clients do the same thing.

We would be sending the traffic to our page to collect leads and send them information about our product

Also, sounds like a very good plan 🙂

If you need any help with this project please feel free to contact us.