Hoping for some feedback on new product landing page

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
Trying to get signups/check interest in my unreleased product. It is video streaming software that will be released in a few weeks.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Adwords

3: What is your conversion goal?
25%

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:

https://streamyard.com

Cheers

I am VERY interested in this product. I work with live streams so I’m curious to know how this browser-based encoding operates. I could be your target audience for this.

As far as the landing page, it feels dry. We gotta juice up the copy and the color. Also what’s the story with the favicon? I’m also curious, how does bandwidth play into this? Would there eventually be subscription tiers to pay for?

#1) I really favor good design. You have the page scrolling in sections, I suggest making each section identifiable with a shade of color that fits your brand.

#2) Speaking of your brand. Do you have a logo to show some validity? Adding a logo or a footer with more brand info could really help with this page looking dry as well.

#3) The headline is odd to me. “Live streams my audience loves?” That implies content but it sounds like you offer a service. It seems like it should be something like “The easiest way to live stream, straight from your browser!”

My experience with live streams is that there are a quite a few steps to go through in the encoding process. You make it sound like I can click a few buttons in my browser and boom, I’m live (kind of like Skype or G-chat, etc.) That is a FAR stronger interest to me than just streaming something my audience loves.

#4) No credit card? Does that mean it’s free? Is there a free trial? You say something about it at the bottom. Therefore the ask for my email feels weak, I’d like to know more on what will happen when I give my email. I like what you said on your confirmation page. Maybe make that known on the landing page? “Become a trailblazer and be the first to know when this is ready.”

#5) Could you show a gif, images, or video of the tool in use? Even some stock photography of people watching live stream things could be nice to visualize things. I like the cartoon style images you have, they could be larger though.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions!

Kyle,

I really appreciate the feedback!

I am VERY interested in this product. I work with live streams so I’m curious to know how this browser-based encoding operates. I could be your target audience for this.

Awesome, I’d be happy to ping you with more information if you’d like.

As far as the landing page, it feels dry. We gotta juice up the copy and the color. Also what’s the story with the favicon? I’m also curious, how does bandwidth play into this? Would there eventually be subscription tiers to pay for?

Yes, it’s definitely dry. It’s early days for us ui-wise, so that’s probably a big part of it. Favicon is just a placeholder until we have an actual logo. There is a free tier (lite) and a paid tier (standard). The free tier has the same features as paid, but contains our site’s branding in the user’s streams.

I really favor good design. You have the page scrolling in sections, I suggest making each section identifiable with a shade of color that fits your brand.

I’ll try this, thanks.

Speaking of your brand. Do you have a logo to show some validity? Adding a logo or a footer with more brand info could really help with this page looking dry as well.

Not yet, we will have one soon. I’ll update the landing page and post back when we do.

headline is odd to me. “Live streams my audience loves?” That implies content but it sounds like you offer a service. It seems like it should be something like “The easiest way to live stream, straight from your browser!”

Interesting. This is really useful, thanks. The idea behind this was that user would think “I can use this product to make awesome livestreams that my audience loves”. Maybe the value prop needs to be more “on the nose though”. I’ll try some A/B testing with this.

My experience with live streams is that there are a quite a few steps to go through in the encoding process. You make it sound like I can click a few buttons in my browser and boom, I’m live (kind of like Skype or G-chat, etc.) That is a FAR stronger interest to me than just streaming something my audience loves.

Yes, as you say, the process is “a few buttons in my browser and boom”. Sometimes I forget how arduous the process is with existing tools. I assumed pointing out what you can do with it was more important than the process, but maybe not!

No credit card? Does that mean it’s free? Is there a free trial? You say something about it at the bottom. Therefore the ask for my email feels weak, I’d like to know more on what will happen when I give my email. I like what you said on your confirmation page. Maybe make that known on the landing page? “Become a trailblazer and be the first to know when this is ready.”

Makes sense, I’ll try this.

Could you show a gif, images, or video of the tool in use? Even some stock photography of people watching live stream things could be nice to visualize things. I like the cartoon style images you have, they could be larger though.

Yes, this is desperately needed.

Thanks a ton Kyle. I will post back here when we have another iteration – and hopefully a logo!