Hide Password characters

Hi I would like to use a password form field input type="password"
The characters should be hidden on screen. how can I do this?

11 replies

Hi Mattis,
This isn’t possible at the moment, there is no support for password fields into an unbounce landing page.

Regards

Stuart.

Hi Mattis,
This isn’t possible at the moment, there is no support for password fields into an unbounce landing page.

Regards

Stuart.

Hey Stuart,

if we cant hide the password, we have two problems. 1. data protection in germany is really ugly. 2. My conversion rate would we higher if the password is hidden. Are you guys planning to chance that?

Rgs,

Lorant

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey guys, 

Maybe, I’m missing something here but what’s stopping you from using a single line of JavaScript to change the field input type?

I do it all the time for my mobile pages for example where I want to show the numbers keypad for a phone field. 

Best,
Hristian

Yeah, I thought about that before, but tbh I’ve done zero research on the implications from a security perspective so I wasn’t willing to make the suggestion until I’d checked. It just seems too easy 🙂

With the addition of SSL for secure landing pages we’ve moved forward a lot, before that it was just a non-starter.

Maybe I was just being too cautious 🙂

Had any issues with it?

Yeah, I thought about that before, but tbh I’ve done zero research on the implications from a security perspective so I wasn’t willing to make the suggestion until I’d checked. It just seems too easy 🙂

With the addition of SSL for secure landing pages we’ve moved forward a lot, before that it was just a non-starter.

Maybe I was just being too cautious 🙂

Had any issues with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Exactly my thought, that it was too easy and maybe I’m missing something. 

Changing the input type would just “hide” the characters and show them as asterisks or circles.
It doesn’t actually add any security. 

The field would still be passed to Unbounce as a text field with the password clearly visible as plain text. 

Conversion wise, I would just ask for username/email. Once, the user submits the form, I would create a one-time password for them and email it. 

Upon the first login, I would force them to change it. 

Is there any new update for this request?

Can someone provide a working script in hiding character on password field?

Minfx, was wondering a script myself… if there’s anyone who can update or share the script, we both would greatly appreciate. i really need it because i want to buy oral steroids and this can be super helpful for me when browsing those sites. thanks. generally would like to someone who gets these things…

@Notaing still waiting for someone to response on this, the last message they declined that it won’t possible was 2015 and it’s now 2018, there should atleast be an answered to this I guess.