Hidden fields not included in POST?

• 1 January 2015
  • 4 replies

Hidden fields are missing from my POST data. How do I include them?

For instance, when I POST a form submission via the WebHook, and then view that data, it includes all of the filled-out fields on the form, but is missing the pre-filled hidden fields, which are very important. They ARE mapped, and even if I create custom fields that use the hidden ones, they still do not show up.

Thanks for any help!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Corey - Hidden fields that are mapped should push over via webhook. I created a quick test page and tested it via Request Bin and my hidden field mapped over (you can see a quick video of the test here).

If you’re still seeing the same issue, can you shoot us an email at support@unbounce.com with the page in question, so I can dig in further?

Thank you very much - I actually just spoke with Dustin about this, and the solution was to use lowercase names for the hidden fields. Until I used lowercase names, the hidden fields did not come over.

Glad we were able to get this figured out, Corey!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hrm–not sure why that was the case. Casing shouldn’t matter (in that example I gave my hidden field is “Hidden”). But I’m glad to hear Dustin got it working for you.