Help With Recurring GoToWebinar Events

We host a weekly product demo through GoToWebinar. Our landing page is here: http://experience.delivra.com/weekly-demo/

The problem I’m running up against is due to the Zapier integration I can’t promote weekly demos in advance. I can only ask people to sign up for 1 webinar at a time (the Friday of that week). I then change the zap to point to the next week’s GTW and update the date on our landing page.

Has anyone found a way to promote multiple webinars in a drop down and get each corresponding registrant to appear in their appropriate GTW webinar? I want to avoid duplicate content and not create multiple pages for SEO purposes.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @ctrojanowski,

Currently Zapier is a bit linear and you’ll need to create multiple zaps in order to achieve what you want.

So instead of multiple pages, you’ll be firing multiple webhooks/zaps.

The zap should have a filter in between the trigger and the action (ex. trigger > filter > action).

However, keep in mind that if you have 5 webinars in a dropdown field, you’ll fire 5 zaps each time. Only one of which would actually register the visitor to the appropriate webinar.

Your other option is to custom code a script, outside of Zapier, that you can apply a bit of conditional logic to do the task.

Best,
Hristian

Hello, I have the same challenges! I create multiple webinar landing pages that have identical content with the webinar date as being unique. I would love to just have one page with a drop down date for the webinar. I am currently using Zaps for the integration.

Can you please clarify - what do you mean by it will fire 5 zaps?
However, keep in mind that if you have 5 webinars in a dropdown field, you’ll fire 5 zaps each time. Only one of which would actually register the visitor to the appropriate webinar.

Thank you for your assistance,
Lyn

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Lyn_Walker,

When I wrote that comment last year, Zapier used to function a bit differently at the time.

Nowadays, you should be able to accomplish all with a single zap and a filter.

Best,
Hristian