Help us make our landing page better

• 23 November 2017
  • 3 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible

MoneySmart is Singapore’s largest online mortgage broker. We offer home loan & home refinancing comparison as well as consultations on the different types of home loan rates. The following landing page serves as a lead collection page that we use to collect customer leads which our mortgage brokers follow up with personally.

We hope to improve our landing page conversion rate.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google & Facebook ads. Primarily advertising the low rates customers can get if they refinance or get a new home loan with us.

3: What is your conversion goal?
Lead submission

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
https://get.moneysmart.sg/home-loan/fd-linked-rate/

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @shi,

You have one very well designed landing page. There is nothing apparently wrong with the page.

Yes, there are a few things you can test, which I’ll list in a bit, but in your particular case, you need to dig deep and analyze your data.

I see that you have Hotjar tracking on the page so those heatmaps and screen recordings are a good place to start. So is your Google Analytics account.

Successful optimization efforts depend on a meticulous process and data-backed hypothesis. Anything else would just be like throwing a dice and hoping you hit it big.

I’m curious to know what does your current optimization process looks like at the moment?

Now a few more things that you need to think about:

1. Multiple landing pages - New loans and refinancing are two different needs a potential visitor might have. It would be best if you can separate those into 2 distinct landing pages.
  • This would also have the added benefit of simplifying the above the fold area and these 3 overwhelming tables with loan percentages.

• Not sure if you are doing it now, but also separating the pages by traffic source might be a good idea. Google searches come with intent, while Facebook ads are generally more curiosity/interest based. Unbounce also allows you to do some pretty nice dynamic text replacement for your Google ads so you can better match the message from the ad to the page.

1. Social Proof - If a visitor is unfamiliar with your brand or still shopping around for a loan/refinance any kind of social proof can push them over the age. I didn’t see any on the page you provided so here are a few that have worked well in the past for clients of mine:
  • Testimonials - pretty self explanatory but a good testimonial is gold

• Numbers - If possible (depending on your local regulations) show numbers as a form of social proof. Ex. “YYYY loans financed in the past 7 days”

1. Placement of the Benefits section - The 3 benefits, you have listed on the page are kind of important but kind of pushed down the page in favor of the vouchers & form.

2. Form Length - A proper multi-step form with the “easy” questions upfront and moving towards the more personally identifiable ones last can also be a good test. I’ve seen this work great in some cases and not so much in others. But everytime I see a long form that’s one of the first things I want to test.

I have to run now but feel free to DM me if you want to talk process and optimization.

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Shi,

Nice page! Here is some quick feedback:

Omg guys. Thank you so much for the love and fantastic feedback. We will definitely look into some of your suggestions. 🙂