HELP NEEDED! No conversions!

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
No conversions at all, we have continued to make changes to the landing page, however nothing seems to be working.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Ads, the landing page gets about 200 visitors per month.

3: What is your conversion goal?
5 leads per month

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. http://www.landingpage.com/

https://try.localagencyco.com/rent-my-property-1/

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

If you’ve tried multiple tests to the page and are still failing to get any conversions, I would investigate your ad campaign first. Are you targeting the right keywords for your offer? Are you attracting the right audience? Does the ad creative and messaging match the messaging of the landing page? Have you tried experimenting with that end of things?

As for the landing page, here are some suggestions that may help.

1. Refine the copy in your hero area.

It’s not immediately clear what it is you do. The part about finding tenants is the smallest type in that section.

It’s good that you try to work benefits in there, but save time and money and reduce stress are too generic to give you the impact you’re looking for. Everyone says those things, but what does that mean? How much time and money are they going to save? People want specific, concrete benefits they can get their minds’ around.

I would also rephrase your headline so it’s about your prospect, not you.

1. Add more detail to support your value proposition.

If your headline mentions saving time and money, you need to explain how your offer does that if you want to be credible. Break it down for them. Include both positive and negative frames (what they save by using you and what they pay by not using you). For instance, you could mention how they are losing out on revenue when their property sits without tenants and how getting the wrong tenants can cost them. And also get into how you can save them on the time and costs over doing it all themselves or using one of your competitors.

1. Clarify your offer.

The first thing I saw when I scrolled down was the countdown timer, which seemed really odd because there was no mention of the offer first. Timers are great for adding urgency, but you have to get them interested in the offer first.

I’d get the offer up higher, them spell it out more. Make it more a part of the page as a whole. It seems like an afterthought that you just through in here. I’d also come up with a reason for having the offer expire. Fake urgency can put people off just as easily as it can move them to take action. It can feel manipulative.

1. Have someone proofread your page.

There are some things that just don’t sound or look right, such as the button cop: “Let’s talk book online now” It seems like you have two variations showing together in one button. I I click which can I expect, to talk or to book?

The offer descriptions seems like it’s missing copy. Receive a $400 what?

And the chart seems to be comparing your company to something else, but there is no label in that last column, so who knows what that is.

Mistakes and inconsistencies like this hurt your credibility.

I hope that helps. Best of luck!

Thanks Sean for your comments and feedback. We will take on board and make some changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Michael!

@SeanKirby has shared a TON of insights already (amazing), but I thought I’d jump in here and share a few points that might help you with your conversions.

You’ll have to forgive that this page is very out of date, however the content is not!

Episode 3 - The Landing Page Sessions - Unbounce

Something that’s been known to have a massive impact on conversions when you’re paying for ads is message match. For instance, if your ad says “we’ll help you rent your property”, and your landing page says “we help property investors”, it might have a negative impact on your conversions.

Something else that I noticed is that your CTA towards the bottom of the page says “let’s talk book online now”, and I think those could be 2 totally separate CTAs (perhaps you could A/B test and see which performs better).

And lastly, my favourite thing to suggest on every landing page is adding a favicon! Here’s a post that gives you step-by-step instructions on setting that up:

Hopefully this helps. Keep us updated on any progress, and if you have any questions–fire away!

-Jess