Has anyone tried this Cross-browser client side URl redirection generator tool with Unbounce?

• 4 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Has anyone experienced the following Cross-browser client side URL redirection generator tool with Unbounce? 

http://insider.zone/tools/client-side-url-redirect-generator/

I’m
trying to get my Unbounce Form Confirmation Dialog redirecting to a 3rd
party URL for survey filling (e.g. Wufoo) with a single click on the
form button. Simply, how do I redirect Unbounce form confirmation dialog
to URL (possibly with a delay). Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Auto 301 redirect on URL change.

5 replies

Hi Evimi, 

Welcome back to the Community! Just so I’m clear on your question, you want to essentially redirect the user automatically after they see the form confirmation, is that correct? 

One thought I have on this is that it might not be the most user-friendly experience. After submitting a form, it might be a bit jarring to get automatically punted to another page after a few seconds. Perhaps you could ease the transition a bit with a button on the form confirmation that says “click here to continue” or “click here for survey” or similar? Alternatively, you could most likely just use a javascript auto-redirect if you haven’t tried that already. 

Do you have an example page so we can see what you have so far? Hopefully we can help out!

Hi Evimi, 

Second thought, would you be okay with a button inside of the form confirmation - which will then redirect the parent window to your survey? That should accomplish what you’re looking for, and we have a script that can handle this for you. 

Let me know!

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually, I couldn’t figure out so I created multi-step forms in Unbounce.

Sure, I’d be happy to have the details of your script which would redirect the parent window to survey.

Thank you.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually, I couldn’t figure out so I created multi-step forms in Unbounce.

Sure, I’d be happy to have the details of your script which would redirect the parent window to survey.

Thank you.

Here you go, Evimi! 
https://gist.github.com/megub/da642b458aacee0d4381

That way, any link that is placed on the form confirmation will automatically open in the original parent window. Let me know if that works for you!