Geographic Merge Data

• 31 March 2016
  • 3 replies

I create multiple landing pages where the only thing that changes is the city name and the phone number. I have the city name listed on the page about 5 to 7 times and the phone number usually 5 or 6 times. It would be nice (but maybe not possible) to be able to enter the city and state once and have it populate in certain pre determined locations on the new page. Then add the phone number along with the dial link Tel:000 to the button fields. Also for the data in the meta information to be updated with the same geographic data. I know it may sound like I am being lazy but I have created several pages where I have forgotten to up date the city and found the mistake later on. Just an idea. 

3 replies

Depending on your traffic source (i.e. ads would work, organic search wouldn’t), you could use dynamic text for those parts and have them swapped out based on url parameters.

That’s the way I manage pages in that sort of situation since it’s very nice to have all of the performance stats combined vs. split among multiple pages when you’re optimizing.

Good idea, 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Eric,

We also use DTR for many of our landing pages. This not only should solve your pain, but will also help make your pages super relevant.

If you need a hand with DTR, feel free to give me a shout!

Stefano Apostolakos
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/sapostolakos