Geo Location via AdWords ValueTrack Parameters

Q: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
A: Display the visitor’s location on our landing pages

Q: What problem are you trying to solve?
A: Make the page more relevant, compelling

Q: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?
A: Improve conversion rate, make our client more money

Q: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)
A: Using the dynamic text replacement feature, show the visitor location on the page. Example: “Custom Cabinets” will turn into “New York Custom Cabinets”.

Q: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
A: Some forum users recommend using a third party JavaScript to report the visitor location. I would prefer something more robust, accurate and speedy.

Google AdWords has a feature called ValueTrack Parameters. By adding a custom parameter in our ad URL template, either {loc_interest_ms} or {loc_physical_ms}, a 6-digit number is added to the landing page URL.

My feature request would be for Unbounce to translate the resulting 6-digit number into the city “name”, and display the city name on the landing page.

Best Regards,
David Stansbury

+1

Small precision: the loc_physical_ms can be a city but also a region, a POSTAL CODE, and many other location types.
I would not want a Postal Code to be displayed on my landing page , like “19520 Custom Cabinets”.

I think a more general feature could solve that problem: ability to store a URL parameter correspondance table in Unbounce. So when a URL parameter comes in, it could be replaced by whatever correspondance we indicated in that table.

PS: sorry if my explanation is not very clear, I am not a developper, I hope it makes sense.

Strongly +1 please!